Monday 25 June 2012

Review: Stalking the Others - Jess Haines

Stalking the Others
Vampires, werewolves, mages–the Others are very real, and wreaking havoc in Shiarra Waynest’s life. But now, she’s returning the favor…

Once, she was one of the good guys–or as close as a New York P.I. can get. Then Shiarra Waynest was drawn into the world of the Others. Every faction has its own loyalties and agenda. And Shia’s recent betrayal by her ex-boyfriend means that she may be on the verge of becoming a rogue werewolf at the next full moon.

Of course, with all the threats against her, Shia’s not sure she’ll live long enough to find out. The enigmatic vampire Royce wants her back in his clutches, as do two powerful werewolf packs, along with the police. Instead of going into hiding, Shia is enlisting the aid of her enchanted hunter’s belt and every dirty P.I. trick she knows. If she’s going down, she’ll take out as many of her enemies as she can–and hope that in the process, she keeps whatever humanity she has left.

My thoughts:
I read the last line and went wtf..wtf..wtf!? Evil author alert! I sat up and shook my fist, ok so I did not shake my fist but I stared at bf for a while and trying to comprehend that the book had just ended. Now you all think cliffie, but it was not  a cliffie. All was good, sort of good for now you know, it was just what was going on and ..I truly want to spill the beans but you have to read for yourself to find out what made me crave book 5 more than chocolate, and I adore chocolate.

But that was the last page.*giggles* Oh Haines you evil awesome author.

Now see, I got sidetracked yet again, I shall not think about the end. So the book starts with a pissed off Shia and who can blame her. Possibly infected with the were virus and having found out that her boyfriend is an effing bastard. And think I liked him for a while! So the hunt is on and she wants the Sunstrikers to pay. This is really a different Shia in this book. Sure she was always kick-ass but now she is also angry, and you do not want to see her angry.

We meet the white hats again, they are kind of growing on me and we learn, nope, lips sealed again. But we learn something. And then we also meet Royce *happy sigh*. The vampire that made me like vampires again, because he just oozes sex.

Fighting, trouble and one ending that will make you want more. More please :D *puppy eyes* Haines does so well with this book, even if I talk about the end a bit too much but trust me, it was just that good!

Final thoughts:
Recommended series

Cover
Kick-ass, my fav so far

Series: H&W Investigations #4
Genre: Urban fantasy
Pages: 352
To be published: July 3rd 2012 by Kensington
Source: For review


44 comments:

  1. I finished this one yesterday! I couldn't wait since I also finished 3 yesterday (you are evil and didn't warn me)!

    Great Review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mouwhahahahaha, well I did say that I could not wait for you to read it ;)

      Delete
  2. Hmmmm I think I need to wait until the next book is out to tackle this series! I can't deal with the stress of an evil cliffhanger, so best to bide my time and wait so I can devour them all in a row:) Thanks for the heads up on that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No cliffie as I said, it was just a wickedly delicious evil ending :)

      Delete
  3. That's quite the tease you have going about the last page...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I will wait for the next book to get published first before even starting this series... thanks for the warning! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this is book 4 so you have lots to catch up on ;)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, you're about that...

      Delete
  5. Girl your reviews make me laugh. Shaking your fist and craving the next book more than chocolate. Felicia the Geeky Blogger has already convinced me to read this series it sounds terrrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a must..must I say!!! *shakes fist of doom*

      Delete
  6. OMG...the cliff hanger has me anxious and I haven't even read it. Dang..i am off to buy book one..must know what unhinged you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *more evil giggling*
      I do hope you enjoy it

      Delete
  7. I still need to read Decieved By the Others!! At least this time I'm only one book behind the latest release...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that far behind then :) That is always a good things

      Delete
  8. *shakes fist* DAMN YOU AWESOME AUTHORS MAKING US WANT MORE! *gives glare at Alma Katsu*Yeah I'm making mention to you Miss Katsu

    *clears throat*
    I feel your pain B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *shakes fist again* Evil authors, they are so good that they make me die a little inside ;)

      Delete
  9. I don't think I get a chance to start this seri for awhile but it sounds so good. But maybe someday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good :) and full of shocking turns and events

      Delete
  10. A WTF in a good way? GAH! I am so going to have to get each and every one of these books. I love it when that happens. Love it when the evil is so good...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evil that it's delicious. I so want to talk about what happened! *sits down and grinds teeth instead* lol

      Delete
  11. Thank you for a very lovely review! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! =)

    <3,
    -J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome your evil authoress ;) I mean, wow, yay

      Delete
  12. Gaa!! I have the first book here and SOOOOO need to get to this series. And the wtf ending, I want to know! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must read it! And the way she ended it...omg

      Delete
  13. the cover is pretty cool!! I love how you stared at your BF as if he might have the golden answer to your question!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, you should have seen me ;) But he said nothing. He thought for sure that I lost my mind again

      Delete
  14. You craved it more than chocolate??? Heavens, this must be some book! I'll have to get it just so I can read the last line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I adore chocolate, I worship chocolate, it's the one thing i could not give up

      Delete
  15. How come I haven't heard of this series before?? I will definitely need to better my life! If only to find out what happens on the last page... Evil author alert? No, evil blogger alert, you mean! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yes perhaps evil blogger alert ;)
      Check it out and read it!

      Delete
  16. Evil blogger and an evil, titillating review, I agree Mirjam. No more chocs sent to you missy, kiss it goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great review! I so want to read this book myself, and soon. Do tell, does Shiarra really kick Chaz' ass?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this series! I totally agree with you when I read the last lines I was so shocked! I really can't wait now for book 5!!! really!!! SO glad you enjoyed this one as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it sure was good :D
      And that ending, right in the middle of things and us not knowing and wow

      Delete
  19. I have the first book and a friend of mine LOVES this series so I hope I can get to it soon. Or at least soon-ish....

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is why I love your reviews...unabashed enthusiasm. Well looks like I'll have to start at the beginning of this series then. Thanks B :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have not read this series, but I would like to give it a try. I like a good vampire/werewolf book every now and then. Thank you for your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope that you try it :D It's good and it keeps you on your toes

      Delete
  22. Thank you for your review! Royce does not appear many times in this book, but when ...Oh, my God! Want a Royce as well.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP