Saturday 14 July 2012

Flash Fiction friday - On Saturday as always

Amy C at Romance Book Wyrm and Dottie atTink's Place have come up with the idea for a Monday Morning Flash Fiction challenge. Each Monday a new picture prompt will be posted and if you choose to participate - you publish your Fiction Flash  on Friday - 350 words, give or take.

pic removed---



One Last Goodbye
by Blodeuedd

Never would I taste your sweet lips again, never would I hold you in my arms. Never would you hold me tight, never again would I dream of our future. I loved you so, with all my heart and all my soul. I sit here by your grave and mourn for a while. I think about the fun we used to have, stolen kisses in the garden, embraces in dark corners of the palace. Talking forever as midnight grew closed, laughing by the lake on lazy summer days. You were my everything and all I ever wanted. We were meant to be, to last, to watch the days go by together and raise a brood of our own. But life does not always play out the way you want to. I loved you so, in sickness and in health. During bad times and during good times. This was what love should be like, should feel like and I am happy we had our time together. So I kiss your stone and cry a little tear. The darkness has descended on me and I shiver in my gown. It’s cold and it’s dark. I should not be here alone but I just wanted you to know how much I miss you, how much I loved you. I laugh by myself and wonder what you would think if you found me here. You would think I was a silly thing and you would laugh with me. You always did love to laugh. The laughter dies in my throat as I feel the tightness over my heart close in. This is truly how it feels to miss someone. I say goodbye and take the lonely road home. A servant is waiting by a door with a candle in her hand.
“Hurry mistress”, she tells me and soon she has me tucked into bed and once again I lay in darkness with only my thoughts to hold me.

When morning comes I get ready, they are all around me, pampering and dressing me. I look stunning and I smile. A door opens and they all grow silent and curtsy.
“You should not see me before, “ I say and smile as he walks in. So handsome, so strong that my heart swells in my breast.
“I just wanted to know if you are ready?” He asks and takes my hand. Always the kind one and I nod.
“I said my goodbyes last night, it felt good. Now I am ready do go on” I flush as he smiles.” With you, “ I whisper and he kisses me and hugs me tightly.

-----------------

Look at that, a HEA, i wonder who will like it ;D


24 comments:

  1. I didn't see that HEA coming ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, I need to keep you all on your toes, never knowing anything

      Delete
  2. Excellent story! What a great idea for a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet...where is my tooth brush? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, I know you hate the sweet ones ;)

      Delete
  4. You fooled me...I thought it would turn out to be tragic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful..x

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWWWW!!! SQUEE!! I got my HEA!!!

    *sigh* :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup all for you :D
      I must say that I like the dark pics like this cos I always have to make them happy while the not so dark, oh they get dark indeed

      Delete
  7. didn't expect that one! Great unexpected HEA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D I do like to do the unexpected sometimes

      Delete
  8. Awwwwww! Love the happy ending. I was worried, holding my breath, so thanks for the release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I had to give you all a HEA for once :D But first I had to play with your feelings as the darkness closed in mowuahaha

      Delete
  9. Hey, I like the happier turn rather than the dark ones you usually favour :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like it too :) But the dark ones are just more dramatic to write

      Delete
  10. I loved it, but then again, I'm all for happy endings.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP