Tuesday 31 July 2012

Review: Enchanting the Lady - Kathryne Kennedy

Enchanting the Lady
Kathryne Kennedy's first historical fantasy romance series features a light and wonderful Victorian England, where magic never dies and every level of the aristocracy has its own special powers. 
Sir Terence Blackwell is a lion shapeshifter who is determined to find the magical relic that killed his brother. When he sniffs out the taint of magic on Lady Felicity Seymour, a disinherited duchess, he's sure that she's far craftier than she first appears. Terrance believes that the easiest way to learn all of her secrets is to court the young miss. Unfortunately, Terrance's plans for vengeance are soon thwarted when he finds himself falling under the lady's enchanting spell... 

My thoughts:

I found this book to be adorable, it was just so cute and fun. Not to mention that I liked the society that in this alternate England.

Magic is still around and English society is infused by it. The Royals have the most powers and then the Dukes and so forth. If you are without then you are stripped of titles and lands. Magic rules and different titles have different magic. I really liked what she created and it was interesting.

Our heroine is truly naive, but that is the only way she could be. No one ever notices Felicity and she believes she is a grey little mouse. But there lives a fighter in her that wants to peak her head out. She was sweet and innocent.

While the hero Terrance is something else entirely. There is one class of nobility that has no magic and that magic can't touch and that are the shapeshifters. But the Royals use them as spies since they can sense relic magic. And Terrance, well I wanted to be angry at him for using sweet Felicity, but at the same time he was falling for her so I forgave him. His beast knew better than he did.

A relic of evil magic must be found, a couple fall helplessly in love and all is not well in the country of England.

Conclusion:
Such a sweet story that I devoured in a day. Easy to read, easy to fall in love with

Cover:
Cute

Series: Relics of Merlin #1
Genre: Historical paranormal romance, alternate history, historical fantasy
Pages: 320
Published: August 1st 2012 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (2008), Source: For review


41 comments:

  1. awwwwwww. This sounds adorable! I do enjoy HRF type novels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover looks like Han and Leia...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shapeshifter? His beast knows better? Oh yea... this sounds like a book I would totally enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes ;) And the beasts always seem to know before the human part does

      Delete
  4. You had me at lion shapeshifter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of an alternate England! Add in a lion shapeshifter and I'm all over this one:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like alternate worlds, and this one where magic never "went away". Same society, and still not

      Delete
  6. It does sound really cute, and I like that setting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked the way you described Felicity! She's got more in her than meets the eye, and it's always fun to see how that comes about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked her quiet self, and her not so quiet self, it wants to come out :)

      Delete
  8. This looks like a sweet, magical read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a good one. :) And that dragon on her shoulder sold me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not read Kathryne's books, this sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The beast always knows best! That is my motto anyway :)

    Also Felicity? I am so there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aye, one should trust the beast within, lol

      Delete
  12. I so need to get my hands on a copy of this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds enchanting. I've got one or two Kathryne Kennedy books but haven't read anything yet ... my bad lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it when a book is this good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that it's a fantasy romance but on the sweet side. Sounds like a nice read for a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, it was actually raining here when I read it ;)

      Delete
  16. Ooo sounds intriguing ^^ I love stories about Victorian England and magic. Hehe. Happy you found a book you enjoyed so much!! I shall check it out ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are sure fun to read because I like how it's all mixed up, how it could have been if there had been magic

      Delete
  17. I really enjoy this series as well, and I do hope she will go back to this world, as the series is left in limbo. She also has some nice stand alones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Limbo? I do hope she gets back then. I did see that she has written two more

      Delete
  18. Oh it sounds so nice, I didn't know this one but I love the cover and your review. I'll definitely check this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is really nice and the guy has this fierce look in his eyes

      Delete
  19. You've got my attention...I may have to pick up this one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I want to read this one for sure. I'm added it to my list. I like that it is a romance and historical but is still an alternative world. Exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP