Friday 13 July 2012

Review: Midnight Promises - Sherryl Woods

Midnight Promises
When Elliott Cruz first courted struggling single mom Karen Ames, it it was a romance worthy of any Sweet Magnolia fantasy. The sexy personal trainer made it his mission to restore Karen's strength--physical and emotional--and to charm her children.Now, a few years into the marriage, colliding dreams threaten to tear a few years into the marriage, colliding dreams threaten to tear them them apart. Elliott's desire to finance the business opportunity of a lifetime with their hard-earned "baby money" stirs Karen's deep-rooted financial insecurities. It's the discovery that their brother-in-law is cheating on Elliott's sister--and thinks it's justified--that puts their irreconcilable differences into perspective. Will their own loving fidelity be a bond so strong they can triumph against all odds?

My thoughts:
This is book 8 in the series, but in the end it did not really matter. Sure there were people around that have had books of their own but it was not their book. It was like any other book with side characters in it. It's all about the couple in the end.

And this one was different from romances that I usually read. It was not about how they meet and fall in love. No they are married and like any couple they have hit a bump in the road. Elliott and Karen was truly like any other couple. They were real, they loved each other and they were such idiots at times.

I must confess to liking Elliott more, because Karen had her issues from her other marriage, and it was a bit annoying when she was angry at him for something he forgot. He did not mean not tell her, he simply forget. She did not know how to listen or how to trust. But then that is was the book is about. How small things might ruin it all and how you must trust, and talk to your partner. It does take two to make a marriage.

There is also a secondary story about Elliott's sister who is having troubles in her marriage and I liked her. Sure she was a bit mean to Karen but people change and evolve. I hope to meet her again in this town. And not to mention that it had funky old grandmothers :)

Conclusion:
A nice small town romance about two people already in love.

Cover:
It fits the book

Series: The Sweet magnolias #8
Genre: Contemporary romance
Pages: 400
Published: June 2012 by Mira

28 comments:

  1. This sounds different from the typical Contemporary Romance. I may give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was different, them being married and all.

      Delete
  2. Huh....I'm sure I wouldn't care much for Karen either :/ the series sounds interesting...I do need a good series to fall onto...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got two more books lined up so there are more lovers in this little town

      Delete
  3. I like those small town romance books and cozy books. .there is just something charming about a little town where everyone knows each other. Sounds like a great summer read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same :D Though I am sure it would be pretty annoying in the end everyone knowing each others business ;)

      Delete
  4. Sounds fun! It's nice to find a series that can be read out of order.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this type of story and this is an author I've been meaning to try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow book 8? when I think I didn't even know the series...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, maybe cos they work so well as stand alones

      Delete
  7. I like books where the characters grow. Even if it takes them a couple of books to do it. Hm... I think i'll have to check out this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe even jump around a bit in the series? ;)

      Delete
  8. Nice review, and I do think it lovely to read about married people for a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was certainly different. It was a new perspective. What happens after the HEA

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a fun read. I like that it's not a meet and fall in love romance...there are much more stories to be told.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked that too. Yes I love the meet and fall in love but sometimes I wonder what next

      Delete
  10. Sounds like a cute read but reading from this post, I don't think this book is for me...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a sweet book about the trials and tribulations of a marriage. I like that it portrays the downsides. Not everything is lovey dovey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, not everyone is happy all the time, I sure am not. Not when I go all why is the internet so sucky crazy, lol

      Delete
  12. I haven't read too many other books involving a married couple, so that does intrigue me. But I can't start reading a book that's in the middle of a series. I'll have to see if I can get a hold of the first book and give this series a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But then those are surely about couples meeting and falling in love, but then that is nice too

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP