Monday 2 July 2012

Review: One Salt Sea - Seanan McGuire

One Salt Sea - Seanan McGuire
October "Toby" Daye is settling into her new role as Countess of Goldengreen. She's actually dating again, and she's taken on Quentin as her squire. So, of course, it's time for things to take a turn for the worse.
Someone has kidnapped the sons of the regent of the Undersea Duchy of Saltmist. To prevent a war between land and sea, Toby must find the missing boys and prove the Queen of the Mists was not behind their abduction. Toby's search will take her from the streets of San Francisco to the lands beneath the waves, and her deadline is firm: she must find the boys in three days' time, or all of the Mists will pay the price. But someone is determined to stop her-and whoever it is isn't playing by Oberon's Laws...

My thoughts:
I am still loving this series. Toby was as kick-ass as usual and Tybalt, well I love cats! And the scene where he was on the car seat as a cat, lol, yes she should take him on.

The action was ever present as always. War is brewing and she needs to find missing kids. Danger, the sea witch, "mermaids", and dealing with her new life after finding out what her mum really is. Not to mention flirting and kissing with Connor now when he is not with that horrid wife of his. The wife I swore over in the last book as she is diabolical. But as for Connor as a person, eh, no team Connor for me. I want the kitty!

Conclusion:
I have said all the same things before so I will not make this long. At the end I wanted book 6 at once! It did not end with a cliffie but I just crave more as this series keeps on being strong.

Cover:
Cool

Series: October Daye #5
Pages: 354
Published: 2011 by DAW
Source: Own

38 comments:

  1. Yay for the series continuing to be strong - looks like it's hitting the numbers at which many series sort of run out of steam.

    It's hot and sticky and icky here. Blech.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lalalalal *not listening* it will continue on being strong

      Delete
    2. Some authors can manage that! :) I HIGHLY recommend an m/m series called PsyCop by Jordan Castillo Price. SOOOO good. I've read the entire series at least three times and am waiting impatiently for the 7th book. The books have just been getting stronger and stronger.

      Delete
    3. *fingers crossed*
      I was disappointed by River Marked by Briggs and now I do fear book 8.I hope it wont be cursed

      Delete
  2. I love it when a series continues to hold your interest. Hope you get book six very soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I think this series just keeps getting better. I can't wait for book 6!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have waited but I just could not!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you're enjoying the series :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know what? it's one of my favorite series and the more I progree in the story the want I love it. This book was amazing and I'm glad you enjoyed it as well. I can't wait the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait either :D Oh I wish September was already here so that I could get more. But after that I will have to wait a long time again, the horror

      Delete
  6. Lovely review, I need to start reading this series!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This series is not for me, but I'm glad you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not for everyone but yes I am loving it

      Delete
  8. I'm glad you have stuck with this series for so long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only discovered it last fall or this winter ;)

      Delete
  9. I don't know anyone in this series but how can she not be with Tybalt?? He sounds fabulous! lol
    Is there any chance of it happening?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I just have to wait and see, but I am saying go for it!!! :D

      Delete
  10. I seriously have wanted to start this series JUST because of this cover! I'm sick... I know. Glad it rocked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, then I am sick too cos I love covers way too much

      Delete
  11. This sounds like fun! I will have to look into the series.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, now I've got to know what happened when he was on the car seat. Was he a naughty kitty???

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahaha, I was disappointed by Rive Marked too, Blodeuedd! Also my copy of One Salt Sea just arrived, so I'll be reading it soon :) Love Seanan's books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sad, but something was just missing from it :/
      Yay, I hope you will like this part of the series too

      Delete
  14. I need to read book one - you've been raving about this series for so long I really should see what the fuss is about! :-0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes what are you waiting for??!!
      Rant rant rant

      Delete
  15. Finishing one book and wanting the next has got to mean it's good. Will keep an eye out for the series :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is almost too good to be true, you know - such a long series and still awesome. I must start it one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't jinx it!!!!! It will continue on being good

      Delete
  17. Alright, I'm adding the first book of the series to my TBR list right now. :) If a series is still good at book 5, it must be a great series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And no 2nd book syndrome either :D Wohoo, I do love it

      Delete
  18. A cat and a mermaid?!? That's new!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh she is not a mermaid, she is only in this book so that she can go into the sea.

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP