Monday 20 August 2012

2 in 1: Deep Dark Secret and Keeping Secret by Sierra Dean


Secret McQueen has hunted vampires, werewolves, and every conceivable supernatural menace-to-society. Seen it all? Not even close. When the queen of the were-ocelots comes to her for help finding a missing girl, the half-vampire/half-werewolf soon realizes how much she has to learn about the things that go bump in the night.

The case of the missing cat is one thing. Pile it up with her new duties as a Tribunal Leader, her tenuous position as mate to the king of the Eastern werewolves, and a slew of new (and unwelcome) supernatural abilities, and Secret is once again in familiar territory. "Way" over her head. But for this multitasking half-breed, it's business as "un"usual.

What knocks her for a loop, though, isn't her lover's intoxicating kiss. It's the missing memories rushing at her from out of nowhere, signaling a rapidly approaching fork in her destiny. Her choice will affect not only her life, but her love.

My thoughts:
I am gonna try to keep this short (something I never managed anyway) as I have to write a review for book 4 too. Yes I finished this book in a hurry and immediately started book 4 because the series is just that good!

Secret is kick-ass as always and adjusting to her new position among the vampires. She still keeps her two delicious boyfriends, I heart Desmond all the way but he sure gets the short stick of everything. Then there is Lucas, I do like him, he is king after all. I keep forgiving him cos he has this presence and they are meant to be after all but...yes but...

This story is about her searching for a missing girl, meeting an old friend, going to school (sort of), and dealing with her messed up love life.

And it's good! I just can't gush enough because I have fallen for this series. I am just going to recommend it to everyone!!! Read it!
Series: Secret McQueen #3
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Pages: 309
Published: 2012 by Samhain
Source: Own

It’s a nice day for a white wedding. At least that’s what Secret McQueen is hoping for, with her poofy-princess-dress marriage to a werewolf king looming closer and closer by the day. But as ever, nothing can be that easy for a vampire/werewolf hybrid for whom someone still harbors a death wish.

Summoned to the south by her werewolf uncle, who makes no bones about the fact her mate bond with Lucas doesn’t pass muster, Secret learns her furry heritage looks more like a tangled vine than a family tree. Getting her royal uncle’s blessing hinges on finding one of the missing twigs. Even with vampire sentry Holden Chancery at her side, she manages to land up to her neck in a swamp of trouble.

As an assassin’s scope zeroes in, family dramas boil up and a fast-collapsing love square threatens to bury her alive, making it to the church on time could be the least of Secret’s problems. 

My thoughts:
By looking at the cover you sure know something is gonna happen, yes Secret is going to marry Lucas. And I could not wait to sink my teeth into this one.

I still like Lucas but he always puts pack first! Time after time. He knows how she feels about Desmond, I mean she loves Des more! Still I like Lucas, but that love is wearing thing while reading this book. And Desmond *cries*. Why can't she just have them all :( Poor beta Des.

Like that wasn't enough, I started falling for Holden in this one. He is all..vampire and sexy. Do I need to say more?

The wedding is fast approaching and there will be a lot to deal with since not everyone is happy. And trust me, the book ends, with a big bang. A big bang that made me crave the next book like crazy! How on earth is this gonna turn out?

*craves book 5*

So start reading this series at once. Action, passion, and one girl who can't decide since she is meant for more than one wolf.

I need more!

Series: Secret McQueen #4
Pages: 256
Published: July 2012 by Samhain
Source: My own

45 comments:

  1. ooo, you're ahead of me in this series now, Blodeuedd! I still haven't read book#4! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Lol, I won a GC and spent it at once on these two ;)

      Delete
  2. YES, YES, YES! I love that you loved these books. Book five can't come soon enough! Holden.... Sierra said book 5 will start right where this book ended. *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean...wow wow. Starting from there..omg *faints*

      Delete
  3. I REALLY need to read this series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really like this series huh? Good because I have books 1 and 2 on my kindle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of the covers are better epic looking. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy a wedding. I read the first book in this series last year and enjoyed it. I loved Desmond as well. Why can't she have both?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I want them all for her!!!! And Holden, and maybe Sig once in a while too

      Delete
  7. Great covers. I especially like the shape of the 't' in secret! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh adding these to my list..scampers off to find book one on nook :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes... this looks like something I'd really enjoy. I need this series!! Too bad you didn't like it... ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;)
      You go read it now and start with book 1 so you do not miss any yummy bits

      Delete
  10. Soooo, I'm thinking she didn't marry Lucas after all???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! I got book one when it was free, but have to get to reading it yet. :D Sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for books good enough that you MUST read the next immediately... esp if that next book is already out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, sounds like you are loving this series. Those are cool covers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure am :) I happy I gave book 1 a go, cos it was sure worth it

      Delete
  14. I think I will wait for the book five and save myself these pangs and cravings. I might be wrong but this series seems to be similar to Jennifer Estep's books which I fell out of love with after (approximately) book four or five.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell out of love with Estep's books in book 1. I just could not like anyone or anything

      Delete
  15. I'll really need to have to read this series. REALLY! mainly after these amazing reviews. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. they sound fun. gr8 reviews

    ReplyDelete
  17. I still have to read the 4th book, but it will be soon! I hate Lucas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. gushing is great!! I'm gushing all over the Jill Shalvis books I've been reading. Hey, when you love them you love them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Geez how did I miss this series, sounds like one I'd love!!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP