Friday 31 August 2012

Early review: The Kingmakers - Clay and Susan Griffith

The Kingmakers
Empress Adele has launched a grand crusade against the vampire clans of the north. Prince Gareth, the vampire lord of Scotland, serves the Equatorian cause, fighting in the bloody trenches of France in his guise as the dashing Greyfriar. But the human armies are pinned down, battered by harsh weather and merciless attacks from vampire packs.

To even the odds, Adele unleashes the power of her geomancy, a fearsome weapon capable of slaughtering vampires in vast numbers. However, the power she expends threatens her own life even as she questions the morality of such a weapon.

As the war turns ever bloodier and Adele is threatened by betrayal, Gareth faces a terrible choice. Their only hope is a desperate strike against the lord of the vampire clans—Gareth’s brother, Cesare. It is a gamble that could win the war or signal the final days of the Greyfriar.

My thoughts:

Can it end well, can it? Can it? That was my question throughout this book; make that throughout the whole series. I will not give you that answer; you have to read the book for yourself. I will not say if it ends well, bad, I will just say that, oh I will not say anything at all about that.

Which brings me to the story. Doomed love, utterly doomed love. All vampires are evil and will kill and drink. The good ones will perhaps think not to kill all as they need their cattle. Then we have our hero Gareth, a good vampire. Why? Who knows? Maybe it was the madness after killing thousands. But he is an awesome hero, pretending to be a hero called Greyfriar and the chosen of Empress Adele. A heroine who has the power of the earth and now who could kill him with that. She is getting to be quite toxic to him. But that is not why their love is doomed. He is masked all the time, because if people knew he was a vampire. Yes there can be no happy ending for this too and it kept breaking my heart thinking of it. Some just have to be together!

War is here. Human vs vampires. Killing across Europe. Adele does have the power to end it all, but will she? The price is high, but some do not care. Just like those outside the vampire held lands think that the humans left behind are mindless cattle. It's not a pretty world. And I seriously hate some characters. For some reason no vampires, no, it's just their nature.

It was a thrilling conclusion to a good series. A world where all went to hell when vampires rose to crush all humans. It's such a well thought world, cool and different. A world of steam and vampires. So if you want evil vampires (but still one that is sexy and nice) then this is sure the series for you.

Conclusion:
Do read it.

Cover:
Awesome

Series: Vampire Empire #3
Genre: Paranormal steampunk action romance
Pages: 374
To be published: September 4th 2012 by PYR
Source: For review

44 comments:

  1. i've seen this one around, it sounds very good. glad it lives up to the hype.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was a hit for you! Great cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First I read Equestrian cause and I was just " what?!" Now it makes so much more sense lol :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Well I am sure that would have been a different cause

      Delete
  4. This series is on my wishlist..if only sleep were optional!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed this one too, but I was a bit let down by the romance. It was such an impossible one that the resolve just didn't fit with me. Still, I agree... it's a great series!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Of course I have been home for days sick so it has been weekend all around

      Delete
    2. :( I hope you're feeling better!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a series right up my alley :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review! I'm going to add this to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's on my wishlist, glad the series finishes on a high note!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review! You're making me re-think trying to read the first one again. I had a hard time because my Kindle copy skipped words (like words at the ends of pages were cut off). Might have just been a bad download on my phone, but it made it impossible for me to get into it at the time.

    <3,
    -J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sucks! it was like when I had a print book that was all inky on some pages :/ And I had waited to long so no refund

      Delete
  11. I will not say if it ends well, bad, I will just say that, oh I will not say anything at all about that.

    You are evil, you know that? EVIL. I crave that one madly and you just won't say anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I like the end..I will not say mowuahahahahahaahahah

      Delete
  12. Oh now I really want to start this series! it sounds really interesting. lol when I ask myself about the end it's difficult for me to not go and read it before the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here I could hold myself, cos to read it would have spoiled the whole thing. I can't do that

      Delete
  13. I actually prefer vampires to be evil and vicious I guess becuase I was introduced to vamps by Anne Rice. This series sounds like a hell of a ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's how they should be. Beasts who think we are food. Sure I like a sexy vamp too, but the beasts are just scary

      Delete
  14. I don't know if I could take Princess Adele seriously because I keep envisioning Adele...the singer. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The authors actually intend her name to be pronounced "Adayla"' if that helps!

      Delete
  15. This series appears to be very well-liked though the first book didn't really leave me wanting to read the rest of the series. I'm glad that you enjoyed it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did not? Sad, but then I do not think you'd like the rest either

      Delete
  16. I do want to try this series! I love me some vampires!

    ReplyDelete
  17. vampires and doomed love? I like the sound of it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How do you know of so many awesome series I don't know anything about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *easy shoulder shrug* I am just that awesome

      Delete
  19. When you said doomed love - I thought it must end badly. But then you said the conclusion was thrilling and recommended it as a good read - so the ending must have been a good one??? You're killing me with suspense!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now this sounds like a series I could read for sure! Most especially because it only has 3 books in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gaaa! Time is my enemy! Really, I have this first book and do want to get to this series. Dang. Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must read it! Loved loved the first one

      Delete
  22. AAAAH! So need to read it! Awesome review, Blodeuedd! ;) As soon as I read book#2 I'm getting this one!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP