Thursday 23 August 2012

Review: Call me Wild - Robin Kaye


Unemployed New York Times sports reporter, Jessica James gives up her big city life and moves into a borrowed house in Boise, Idaho. She's determined to become a great romance writer, and she only has one obstacle: she doesn't believe in love. Writing quickly becomes a challenge, so Jessica decides to go out and find some inspiration. She soon meets sexy, outdoorsy doctor Fisher Kincaid, who's more than happy to teach her all about love...

My thoughts:
I do like Kaye's heroes, sure this was only my second book but I have looked at the other books. They are just heroes that I would want to meet.

On to the review. We have a heroine who does not believe in romance (she has reasons) and who thinks she can sell a romance novel and make some quick cash. I was a bit on the fence first but then I got to know her more and understood her thinking.

The hero then, oh please let me have him. A doctor who loves to cook and clean *dies*. Yes please cook me dinner and clean my place. He is the perfect man, well except that he is sporty and likes healthy food ;)

The romance is a chase, he wants her, she only believes in lust (figure out for yourself what they do next). They struggle with feelings, they fall in love and there is drama.

And yes, it's book 2 in a series, but I have not read book 1 and it did not matter. It's a perfect stand alone. 

Conclusion:
It was a nice romance with a different heroine and a hero anyone would want to meet.

Cover:
Cute

Series: Wild Thing #2
Genre: Contemporary romance
Pages: 346
Published: Aug 7th 2012 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Source: for review

28 comments:

  1. this sounds like a cute read, and the perfect weekend escape book..i will take a man who cooks and cleans any day..ooh-la-la!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That it sure what it is, pure escapism :)
      I totally need that man

      Delete
  2. I'm with you on the hero! lets share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm... a heroine that doesn't believe in romance? Hey! someone I can relate.. LOL

    Cooks and cleans??? I must read this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *gives bf a glare*
      He used to clean..well..sometimes, when I came over, lol

      Delete
  5. Isn't there someone else, like Rachel Gibson or someone, who sets a lot of romances in Idaho?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm...I hve only read the one set in NY..but yes it sounds familiar

      Delete
    2. You're right, Chris. Rachel Gibson lives in Idaho--Boise, I think. She's one of my favorites. She actually wrote a scene that took place in a park bathroom that my husband built. It was so funny when I discovered her after just moving away from Boise. I picked up Truly, Madly Yours and I started reading... She talked about going up a highway I was familiar with and I realized Truly, Idaho was actually McCall Idaho.

      Delete
  6. This is the second review of this book that gushes over the leading man. Hmm... maybe I can get my husband to read this book..cooking?! cleaning?! I'll drop some hints :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup he loves to clean, I mean hello! Please come and clean for me and be all hunky when doing it

      Delete
  7. If she doesn't believe in lobe then why write a book about love? She should write a murder mystery or something. lol. Cute cover! Cute review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She thinks it will sell fast ;) Little does she know how hard publishing is also when it comes to romance

      Delete
  8. Lol I'll fight you for a doctor who cooks and cleans :) Loved the review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to read this author. Her books look like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is fun and the romance is sweet and passionate too

      Delete
  10. I have read and loved her domestic god series, will definitely search for those books! Glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok I want this man as well, please??? It sounds like a cute story, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *glares at bf*
      yup he could clean more ;)

      Delete
  12. It sounds like it was a fun read! I have another Robin Kaye book (maybe the first in this series), I might need to check them out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a look :) I am sure there will be a yummy man in it

      Delete
  13. Thanks for the great review! I hope you'll all check out Call Me Wild--the first chapters of all my books are on my website if you want a sneak peek. http://RobinKayeWrites.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have one of her books so I must read it soon!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP