Monday 13 August 2012

Review: Hell on Wheels - Julie Ann Walker

Hell on Wheels
He’s the bad boy she’s always wanted...
Nate “Ghost” Weller has loved Ali Morgan nearly half his life. But he’s done something so heinous he’s convinced she’ll never forgive him if she discovers the truth, so he keeps his feelings and his secrets to himself. Then she blows into town with a mother lode of bad guys on her tail and Nate can’t deny she’s in serious trouble. Unfortunately, he’s the only one who can help her.

She’s the good girl he’s kept at arm’s length...
Ali knows Nate as the most solemn, aloof man on the planet. Sadly, he’s also the sexiest. For years she’s avoided him, unable to stomach his dark scowls and brooding silences… especially when she secretly yearns for his touch. Now she must rely on him to save her from the malevolent shadows ghosting her every move. When the bullets explode, so does their passion. But can love really conquer all? Or are some things just too terrible to forgive?

My thoughts:
I have to start this review with a quote, because while reading I kept think The Expendables and that is exactly what the heroine later asks.
"..And yeah, we're the Expendables. just younger, better looking, with cooler bikes and real bullets."

Lol, yes that did not go by well, lol.

To the book then, Ali is the sweet kindergarten teacher. And she does want Nate to see her as more than that. She tries her best. While the hero Nate does his best to keep his distance. Sighs, men are such idiots. She likes him, he likes her, he stays away cos of a promise to her brother. All brothers would say that. But hey we need the drama as these two dance around each other and keeps on sending mixed signals.

But this is romantic suspense after all and there sure is that too in it. Someone is after Ali. Why? That is for the Knights to find out and to protect her. Bullets will fly.

There is also a secondary story as we see the tension between another couple and that will lead up to book 2. Which seems to be another good one.

Conclusion:
A thrilling ride with a couple who wants each other so much.

Cover:
You all know I'd want to see his face too, but still ok

Series: Black Knights Inc #1
Genre: Romantic suspense
Pages: 349
Published: August 7th 2012 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Source: For review


53 comments:

  1. Sounds like a solid start to the series despite a somewhat ridiculous promise to stay away from the heroine:) I love a good romantic suspense story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those silly men :) But it was a promise that made perfect sense

      Delete
  2. This sounds fun. So many chopped off heads on book covers, but I do prefer that, it leaves it to the imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a fun read and so excited its the first in the series, awesome review

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was curious about this one and I'm still wondering if I need to read it. Love the quote lol, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad the heroine asked cos I kept thinking it ;)

      Delete
  5. There's a guy and bike on the cover. Need I say more? Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, well yup hot guy and a bike, perfection

      Delete
  6. Men are idots...I agree with that! Especially if they both like each other but aren't together! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished this one and can't wait for Frank's story :) I agree the promise was beyond silly but men sometimes are LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They hear one thing and run with it...and never ever stops!

      Delete
  8. I enjoyed this one too. It was a fun read. I also had to laugh at your men are idiots quote. Oh yes... you did want to kick their arse more than once! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. He does have a fine body, that man on the cover...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen this book around. It looks good. I like the cover, but yes, I wish they would have shown his face too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really liked this one too and have the second book ready to read!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! Love that quote. Sounds like delish romantic tension.

    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, for just that quote I want to read it!! :D LOL! Thank you for the review. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to tell bf at once when it came up as he liked the boring Exendboys

      Delete
  14. I get irritated by these plotlines in which the characters are in love but feel the need to stay away from each other, but this still sounds like it would be a fund read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a reason as she was younger and her brother might not have meant it too seriously and then there is this BIG thing. I can't tell you since it's a spoiler but it makes perfect sense then

      Delete
  15. A kindergarten teacher falling for a biker is a new one. Talk about opposites attract!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think this one sounds like a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've read a few Romantic Suspense - I might give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice review Blodeuedd, it sure sounds good. Whatever trouble can a kindergarten teacher get into?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has to do with her brother..lips sealed

      Delete
  19. Oh those nasty kindergarten teachers and their wicked ways...;))). Not my fare but I am glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, they always get into such serious trouble! What is the world coming to? ;)

      Delete
  20. Yes, we want to see his face too. I like that they want each other, that's good. :) Must be a lot of sparks between them. :) Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are sure sparks and at first I wanted them just to get together...but there are serious issues too so makes sense

      Delete
  21. The title's catchy. This sounds like a good one, if a little typical.

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the quote, this one sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Younger Expendables -ha! 'Cause most of those guys are in their 50s and beyond. Scary, but still, not really the most romantic figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would sure not fall for one of those :)

      Delete
  24. I really enjoyed it, I'm unable to resist yummy men on bikes:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think it was Ilona Andrews who said that it is more expensive if the model's face is included in the picture, maybe the art department was on a budget.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I know I can be corny but I really like stories like this one. I'm going to have to grab this one.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP