Friday 17 August 2012

Review: Lord of Chaos - Robert Jordan

2012 The Wheel of Time re-reading Challenge
On the slopes of Shayol Ghul, the Myrddraal swords are forged, and the sky is not the sky of this world;

In Salidar the White Tower in exile prepares an embassy to Caemlyn, where Rand Al'Thor, the Dragon Reborn, holds the throne--and where an unexpected visitor may change the world....

In Emond's Field, Perrin Goldeneyes, Lord of the Two Rivers, feels the pull of ta'veren to ta'veren and prepares to march....

Morgase of Caemlyn finds a most unexpected, and quite unwelcome, ally....And south lies Illian, where Sammael holds sway....

My thoughts:
Another long one, 1000 pages, book 6, well you get the general idea. So for this re-read review I will look at the characters.

Rand, honestly I always thought I had a crush on him, but so far nothing has stirred at this front. He is just crazy, laughing by himself and talking with Lews in his head. He is rather pompous too.

Mat, was this the book where I suddenly did not heart Mat anymore? I think so. He was rather pompous too.

Egwene, do I like her yet *laughs* No, and this is the book where she spends some time on Gawyn's knee. She is just too nice.

Elayne, eh, little less I love Rand Please.

Nynaeve, now look at that, I am starting to like the braid tugging woman.

Perrin, How on earth did I think he was boring when I was a teen? He is a cutie!

Mazrim Taim, Grrrr, he has plans, I know it! (as I can't remember anymore what will happen later on, LOL). Still I like him.

Galad, do you really need to ask? I HATE HIM. Down with the White Cloaks!!!!

Alanna, Grrrrr, that bitch. Unforgivable.

Logain, I wish he would do something soon..*hearts*

Min, and to think I found her dull too. I like her snappy comments.

Faile..I so do not understand women *Perrin, Mat and Rand agree*

Gawyn, That idiot has a stick up his behind. Do not trust the one rumor you hear. Arghhh, I want to ring his dang neck.

Not much about the Seanchan, but I can still put it here that I hate them, down with the Seanchan!

The Forsaken, I like bad guys. They are so evil.

Berelain, I think that I did not like her the first time around, but she is a maneater and I approve.

The Aes Sedai, idiots. All around.

Scared yet? Yes there are A LOT of characters in this series..a LOT.

Aviendha, truth be told I am pretty neutral but I just find her silly for going all, oh no! I can't sleep with Rand again, he belongs to Elayne..uh, your people's custom is to share a man. So what is the problem?

Tallanavor, ok so he is not around much, but he is a cutie!

Whitecloaks, they have to be mentioned again cos I despise them.

Awesome series!!!! :D Even if things move really..really..really slowly.

Cover:
ROFL! Do not even get me started

Series: Wheel of Time #6
Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 1011
Published: 1994 by TOR
Source: My own, duh


32 comments:

  1. This is a series that I will get back to eventually. I am on book 4! I will need to reread the first ones again though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just on book 4! Yes you got some catching up to do :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read this series but it does sound interesting and its ok my dear..i like evil guys too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The evil guys are just so good at being evil, of course they are utterly vile

      Delete
  3. Ha ha, I really want to hear your thoughts on the cover! I have heard great things about this series and normally I am all about reading long ass books, but I am so pressed for time....ahhh! Another series for my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are long, they are many, but they are classic. I love them to pieces.

      And yes the cover *groans* Speechless

      Delete
  4. LOL I love the way you describe everyone. I think instead of me reading it for myself, I'll just have you describe everything. I'm serious... you are so entertaining!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, well that is a way. Keep tuned, there is always more

      Delete
  5. Heh. It would be interesting to see what I think about the characters these days, but I don't have time to reread the series right now. I haven't finished it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel differently about them all, and that is so fun. People I disliked back then I know like and vice verse

      Delete
  6. So, that's like your favorite cover EVER? ;)

    TGIF!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Omg I LOVE it..love love love, Just look at those tiny hips and big building muscles and the flowy shirt, of course. Do not forget the shirt

      Delete
  7. Seeing that I read this series like more than 10 years ago... or so it feels... I can barely remember half the characters you mentioned... but I do remember long-winding-ness and slowness of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yes there are so many that you just plainly forget. That is why I am taking on the task to re-read before the final book

      Delete
  8. Lol you have to love Rhand, you guestposted about him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cover is beyond ridiculous but I admire your stamina - so many parts, so slow narration and still you keep rereading the series...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never read a book by this author but well 1000 pages, arrrghhh too much. It's really difficult for me to read long book, I don't know why, I have some but I still need to get into them. From time to time I pick one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is long, I do admit to that. But....just think of it like reading two books

      Delete
  11. Wow - this books characters seems like they have you going through the full range of emotions. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got me there, they sure bring out the best and worst in me :)

      Delete
  12. I'd love to re-read these if only to see what I think about the books now. But I've always loved Aes Sedai, well most of them anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just think they are too stuck up and do not know what's going on in the world, truly. They just sit in their tower

      Delete
  13. 1000 pages! Whew! You must love the series to be re-reading it. I did the same thing with the Harry Potter books though, so I can relate :)
    I know I've said it before, but I like the vintage covers on these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just that he looks so silly :) Those clothes, oh man

      Delete
  14. lol there are many characters in this one. :D Interesting way to do a review! Kuddos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to spice things up cos after a while I just seem to say the same old things

      Delete
  15. I just finished book three again and am loving my upteenth trip through the books.

    I love Rand, but I must admit that Perrin has always been my biggest crush in the series.

    Berelain has always been one of my favorite female characters in the book.

    I like Egwene, Elayne, and Nynaeve when they are together, I think they are stronger then.

    Faile, I never do like her. Maybe I will this time around, but her attitude always annoys me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the Perrin bits dragging as a teen but now I like them, freaky :)

      And of course I did not like maneater Berelain as a teen.

      And like you say, Faile's attitude, no thanks. Too jealous. Perrin deserves better

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP