Saturday 11 August 2012

Review: A Pemberley Medley - Abigail Reynolds


A Pemberley medley
Five pathways to Pemberley! It's the best of all worlds in this collection of five short Pride & Prejudice variations by bestselling writer Abigail Reynolds. Can Mr. Darcy win Elizabeth Bennet's heart... or are they doomed to misunderstand one another forever? Can Mr. Darcy stand by and watch while Elizabeth loses everything she holds precious... including him?

My thoughts:
5 short stories.

"Intermezzo"
Bingley and Jane are getting married and Darcy and Lizzy find it hard to be near each other. Can they fall in love? That is the question in this short sweet story.

"Such Differing Reports"
Darcy is about to propose but does not and turn of events takes another road. What should she believe to be true? Charlotte a voice of reason :)

Reason's Rule
*fans herself* Oh Mr Darcy :=) he went all alpha at one point.
Anyway, they are engaged, Lydia runs away, drama. Can they manage?

The Most Natural Thing
A glimpse of Dark Darcy, just a a glimpse though. Lizzy is in trouble and asks Darcy for help. Such a gentleman. I love him

A Succession of rain
Rain and rain! The horror, will they ever find time to be alone? Cute story

Conclusion:
Good.

Cover:
Lovely

Genre: Pride and prejudice variation / sequel
Pages: (paperback 212)
Published: 2011
Source: Shelf


38 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfectly you book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would really enjoy reading these short stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover and adore Jane Austen..so yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so cute! Love the cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cover! Oh don't hate me, but I grow tired of Pride and Prejudice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds good. It's on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't usually do short stories but glad that you enjoyed
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can read them now and again and here they work

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous cover! Sounds like a cute collection of stories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't remember if I have this one or not so I'm going to have to go check. Love that cover and this author!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I like the sound of this one, I'm not often thrilled by anthologies but I think I should give a try to this one. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a fan either cos I get annoyed and want more. But here it's pieces, and it works

      Delete
  11. Sounds good for me, short and sweet stories :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cover is wonderful, and an alpha Mr. Darcy? yes, please!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darcy, Darcy, and more Darcy --- how can one resist?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is neat! I might be able to get into one like this with all the short stories. :D Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem like a good one to start with

      Delete
  15. You made me curious! Sounds nice, 5 short stories about one couple. And Dark Darcy and still a gentleman?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well for a second, but I liked it, i liked it a lot

      Delete
  16. This is on my list of books to buy (as if I need more though!), so I'm glad to see you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not a huge fan of short stories, I think I need to read a P&P variation before I start on a medley lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do that :) To really get into things

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP