Wednesday 22 August 2012

Review: Shadows before the Sun - Kelly Gay

Shadows Before the Sun
After filling out mountains of paperwork, Detective Charlie Madigan sets out for a death-defying trip into heavenly Elysia to rescue her partner Hank and bring the siren home. Of course, she doesn’t expect to leave behind an all out siren revolution or return home to find that jinn crime boss, Grigori Tennin, has begun a massive search for the divine being, Ahkneri. Tennin’s tactics set off a chain reaction that puts Charlie in the crosshairs of the shadowy creature known as Death and awakens Ahkneri from her long sleep. And when Vengeance rises, Atlanta will never be the same.

My thoughts:
I have waited and waited for this book. For those who read the previous book you know what I mean. The way it ended broke me and made me crave this one badly, and madly.

I finished the book in a day because I could not put it down. Charlie was going to Elysia to find Hank and those evil bitches who put him back in a hellish jail. Elysia is what heaven is supposed to be but in the Siren city heaven is not what I think of. But Charlie will get an ally, I can't say who, but someone comes.

Through out the whole book the only thing I could think of was Hank, Hank Hank! Sure I liked him before, but now, now I felt it. They need to be together, they must be together. But will they?

Most of the book takes place in Elysia and I liked that. It did give the book another tone and it was nice for a change. Just like we visited the hell world in the last book.

Where was I? Am I rambling again? I think so. There is just so much to say. I like the world. A world where humans found ways to visit "Hell" and "Heaven" and found out that monsters and Gods were really those beings from the other worlds visiting. A city in eternal darkness, and a main character who has been experimented upon. And therefore she has cool weird powers. And those powers come out to play again as she meets Death. And Death is not nice.

Another great book in the series and I want more. I love Charlie and Hank. Rex! And everyone else.

Conclusion:
Start this series now!

Cover:
Cool

Series: Charlie Madigan #4
Genre: urban fantasy
Pages: 335
Published: July 2012 by Pocket Books
Source: own

47 comments:

  1. Woohoo, glad you enjoyed it so much, Blodeuedd! I still haven't gotten past book #1, but hopefully one day, I'll be able to read more. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must read more :D I fell at once, awww I love falling for good UF

      Delete
  2. I would think Death is not nice. lol he has to be ruthless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No "Death" is not cool, not nice, not much of anything other than darkness really

      Delete
  3. I like the contrast of greys and colors on that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I promised myself never start any unfinished series again, especially if the author uses ugly cliffies. So no, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you read it in a day! I read another great review of this book the other day. This series is on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of those books you just had to :D

      Delete
  6. I love when a book from a series arrives and you need to consume it then and there..for that reason alone i am looking up book one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the happy day when I got it :)...and read it ;)

      Hihi, those are the best

      Delete
  7. I know! It's so good!!! I'm so glad you finally got to read it! I loved it as well. I guess all there is to do is the fight it out for Hank and Rex. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love Rex...honestly more than Hank sometimes ;)

      Delete
  8. This is a series I really need to make a priority. I started to read the first book and really liked it. But, like always, got sidetracked by something else that demanded my attention and now we're four books in. I should just drop everything and read it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens. But at least now if you start again and like it you have lots more to look forward too. And you do not have to wait for more

      Delete
  9. I clearly need to read this series, I've seen nothing but fabulous reviews for it and I want to know what all the fuss is about. And I really want to meet Hank:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. finished in one day, it must have been good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, sounds like you love it if you finished it in a day. Hank must be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to know what would happen, it killed me inside

      Delete
  12. Wow! This sounds like an experience that I want. So many books I want :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds good and I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eeep! I have about 110 pgs left. CAN"T WAIT TO FINISH!!! lol. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eeeeek., I can't wait to see what you think

      Delete
  15. Love it when a book sucks me in like that.
    This cover is gorgeous too btw.

    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amen to that! Love this series!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know - I need to start this series! Soon...hopefully! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I got first book of this series in AADNOLA, now I need to find the time to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh yes yes do read it and hopefully you will fall in love too

      Delete
  19. In the lot of secondhand books I recently bought, are the first three books in this series. Are you telling me I should buy nr 4 before I start reading?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well book 3 does end with a bang! But you got 3 books to read before that ;)

      Delete
  20. Wonderful review, I totally agree with you. I loved this book it was so awesome. Sad as well but really now I want more. I really hope there will be more books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! I need more, I need to know what she will turn into. Sure I can linger like this but...

      Delete
  21. You finished in one day? Yey :D
    I have the first 2 but can't believe I haven't started reading those. But now I'm wondering if I should get all the books before starting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, read the first too and then you can despair for not having more, lol. But book 2..hm, can't remember if it ended with a cliffie

      Delete
  22. As soon as my schedule is clear i'll see if my library has the first two in the series. Thanks B! you always make such good recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This just might be the one for me!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You always make a book seem soooo yummy! Now I gots to read this series.... lol.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP