Wednesday 29 August 2012

Review: Where Azaleas Bloom - Sherryl Woods


Where Azaleas Bloom
Single mom Lynn Morrow is determined to put food on the table for her son and daughter. Her soon-to-be-ex-husband has failed to meet his obligations time and again—but it turns out that Ed is struggling with his own demons.Enter contractor Mitch Franklin, an unlikely knight in shining armor. A widower with two grieving sons, Mitch once admired Lynn from afar. Now he sees in her not only the sweet girl who got away, but a woman desperately in need of support. While rushing to the rescue of Lynn and her children comes naturally to Mitch, he's also wise enough to encourage Lynn to find her own way…hopefully straight into his arms.

My thoughts:
Another sweet romance from Sherryl Woods, and a romance dealing with real issues. Nothing is too sweet when real life comes between this couple.

We have Lynn who is going through a hard and messy divorce. She is trying to do her best but it isn't easy. She is honest, hard-working and loves her kids. In comes Mitch who is fixing something next doors. Now this was sweet as he had a crush on her when their were younger. But he got married, she got married, and now he is a widower and she is separated. He is kind and thoughtful and wants to take care of her, but at the same time let her find her own way.

They take it slowly, as they should, no rushing, no being all lovey-dovey. No these two become friends while thinking if they can be more. Between them is a nosy small-town, an idiotic ex and life in general. But you have to work for love sometimes and they do it, and they show that it can be done.

And last, yes it's a series, but it does work as a stand alone.

Conclusion:
A great smalltown romance with a real couple.

Cover
Fitting

Series: The Sweet Magnolias #10
Pages: 384
Genre: Contemporary romance
Published: August 28th 2012 by Mira
Source: For review

40 comments:

  1. I lot of people love this author - I really need to try her work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Then this one would sure give you that :)

      Delete
  3. Ah a lot of these seem to do well as stand alones. I sometimes like to dive into this kind of romance and should have one or two on my shelf. I think I'll try this author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw book 1 at the store, in Swedish, not that I will read anything else than English these days ;)

      Delete
  4. awwww I love romances that seem like they could be real. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then this one would sure be that for you

      Delete
  5. I enjoy small town romance and this sounds sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should try one of her books. Perhaps next time I'm in the bookstore I'll pick one up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take a look :) She sure has a lot to choose from

      Delete
  7. Glad to see it can be read on its own. Lately I've found myself in the mood for romance novels, so I'll keep it in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are? Lovely :) I do want romance now and again, sweet is just nice

      Delete
  8. I love cozy romances set in a small town! They make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do not read many romance novels, well at least not for adult ;) This one sounds sweet and true to life so I might check it out one day. Wonderful review, B :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      It sure felt real, and that was nice, cos even if I like the usual ones they are always so..not real when it comes down to it

      Delete
  10. I have come across her books before and the covers always manage to catch my attention, but so far I haven't tried any of her works yet. A sweet, small town romance does sound like a perfect Sunday afternoon read though, so I will have to add this book to my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a Sunday afternoon it would sure be nice, perhaps with a cup of tea near :)

      Delete
  11. I love this series, but I'm way behind on it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. it's nice to have a story like that, that we can really see in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice, finally a romance where the couple takes the time to get to know eachother.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Friendship blossoming into romance ... I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maybe I'll get a copy so that when I am in the mood for realistic romance I got something good to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love small town romance books! This is another author that I want to read!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP