Wednesday 10 October 2012

Review: Moondance of Stonewylde - Kit Berry


The cracks are beginning to show in the idyllic Stonewylde community. As Yul and Sylvie's forbidden friendship grows into something deeper, Magus' true nature starts to emerge through his charming facade. Ever since Yul defied him at the Summer Solstice, his power has been waning, and his mood darkening. Yul is the problem - and Magus is going to deal with him. Nobody challenges his authority and survives.
Sylvie is in danger too. Magus has discovered her secret and now, for all its beauty, her magical gift and Magus' desire to possess it is putting her life at risk. As each full moon rises Sylvie is made to suffer more, and the agony she endures as her magic is stolen leaves her increasingly exhausted, sapping her will to fight back. Unless Magus can be stopped, every full moon could be Sylvie's last. Are Yul and Sylvie the only ones who see the truth behind Magus' mask of kindness? Why is everyone so deceived by his charm - and why is Mother Heggy, the mysterious wise-woman the only one who will help them? 

My thoughts:
That glimmer of hope I spoke of in my previous review, well that did not turn out well. There will be spoilers here as I have to talk about book 1.

Arghhhhhhhh I hate the Magus, hate hate hate hate him! Honestly it has been a while since I hated with such a passion. They is all smiles and sleeps with everyone, yes blesses the women *roll eyes*. He hates poor Yul and torments him. And Sylvie, well I shall not talk about it further since that would be spoilers for this book. But he is horrible. He is one of those evil characters that act all good and is loved by many. Hate! But he makes it worthwhile when reading, I keep hoping he will fall!

As you can get the book gets pretty emotional at times (me hating Magus mostly). There is some real darkness in this one, all cos of Magus. There is heartache, planning and hopelessness in this. Hopelessness would be the theme. I feel so sorry for them all and I wish people would see the sinister depth he has.

A good book that kept me on my toes. The end here, well, there is no glimmer of hope this time. I need more.

Cover
Fitting

Series. Stonewylde #2
Genre: YA /paranormal fantasy
Pages: 352
Published: 2011 by Gollancz (first 2006)Source: Review


32 comments:

  1. =D I'm glad you felt such passion! I love it when authors makes the baddie so bad but they are beloved by others. It just makes them more baddish! I like this cover better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! Arghhh he is so bad and I hate to see others bow to him

      Delete
  2. I love it when a villain ellicits such a response!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh nice the second is great too! I love again the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That don't sound very hopeful... I don't think I would be re-picking this series up soon then...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure he will be brought down..I have more books to read

      Delete
  5. No glimmer of hope?! Alas...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it would be funny to watch you read this one... especially when you read Magus's part. :) Also, it makes me curious. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean when I clench my teeth and get that look in my eye. Arghhh that bastard!

      Delete
  7. No glimmer of hope this time? And you hate Magus? Sounds like good books to chat about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh let me tell you all the ways I hate him.

      No hope, of course I know something must happen in the next book but still

      Delete
  8. Damn, you got to this series first, Blodeuedd! :) I've had these books on my wishlist to request from local library for more than a year already and still can't get to them. :)
    Glad this one kept you on your toes! Can't wait to give it a go myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good that your library at least has them :D Something to look forward to.

      Delete
  9. Another series? I love complicated baddies but please, not a series, please...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I hear you. I just bought 2 books, 2nd in their series. Cos I need to finish at least one!

      Delete
  10. I think I hate Magus already and I haven't even read the first book! Characters who are truly evil but hide it well are ones that always get to me, and I just read and fume and hate them the entire time. So good though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have begun book 3 and you should see me fuming now!!! Arghhh hate that bastard

      Delete
  11. Like everyone else, I love how passionate you feel about the characters -- that's soo promising! Will need to look for this series now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His brand of evilness sure makes me fume...a lot. Oh you'll see in my next review

      Delete
  12. This one sounds pretty cool. I love emotional stories!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love a good hated person, I must see what all the hate is about. ;D Wonderful! lol. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to read first book of this series, I also need a day with 30 hours to do everything I need to do.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP