Friday 5 October 2012

Review: Sultry with a twist - Macy Beckett

When Mae-June July Augustine hightailed it out of Sultry Springs, Texas, with her heart in pieces, she swore she'd never return. But nine years later, one thing stands between June and her dream of opening an upscale martini bar: a month of community service under the supervision of the devilishly sexy Luke Gallagher, her first love and ex-best friend. As lust turns to love, June must decide where she belongs: in the glorious anonymity of Austin or back in Sultry Springs with the man who intoxicates her like no other.

My thoughts:
A contemporary romance set in a small town, insert a grandmother with a mission, and two young people meant to be. And there you have it.

Mae-June has not spoken with her grandmother in ages. Sure I got why, still I felt sorry of her gran who was all alone. June loves her job, she has plans for her future and she is an all around nice woman. Still fate (meaning her grandmother Pru has other plans for her). Oh Pru, I do like grandmothers who know what they want, even if she would be way to tough for me.

Sultry Springs, is a god fearing community. Not so many meddling old women around here (but you know that they are there). We do meet some of the church ladies and the priest. A nice cast for this book. Together with Trey, but then who is Trey? I am ahead of myself, but I will say that I hope his book is next.

The hero then. That would be Lucas, June's best friend, and the guy she has a crush on when younger. Now they are both suddenly older, but not always wiser. He has baggage and, well that needs to be worked through. But I liked him. He had been hurt, he has lost what he wanted. A good guy, even if that chip on his shoulder was mighty big. Oh and Trey's is his best friend if you wondered ;)

Conclusion:
A sweet romance about finding the love you always wanted.

Cover
Cute

Series: Sultry Springs #1
Genre: Contemporary romance
Pages: 320
Published: October 1st 2012 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Source: for review

37 comments:

  1. ooh I love small town romances and this sounds so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this one a few weeks ago and I liked it. It was a nice read with likable characters. I am hoping there will be a book about Trey soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds sweet. You have to watch out for grandmas with a mission. *g* I love small town setting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure do :)
      And small towns are just so. Small and nice :)

      Delete
  4. A nice sweet romance would be good after all these monster books in October!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, that could almost be a dock on a Minnesota lake, except that right now, with the gutsy winds, that couple would be blowing over the reeds, shrieking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be here too, but then the water would be so high and it would be raining so they would be drenched and cold

      Delete
  6. I don't read too many of these, so sometimes it is a nice change when I do. Hm... might have to consider this one. Sounds sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like these small town romances too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds cute. I read a lot of these types of books between the heavier ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww, sounds cute. I like that name...Mae-June.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a nice holiday read :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds nice but I always have a problem with two young people who meant to be together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. aww i love to read about a matchmaking grandma :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybe when I feel like a nice sweet romance I'll this book up :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read in a while an Amanda Carlson recommended me this book, I read the blurb and a preview and it sound really good, but finally didn't read it because the religious thing felt too strong, I don't know if I'm right or not. If I'm not wrong I'm sure going to read it. So I need your honest opinion about it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feared it would be strong, but honestly it did not really turn out like that. Her granny is religious but she just follows gran to church to be nice

      Delete
    2. Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to know. :)

      Delete
  15. I've read more reviews about this book today, and I am afraid the humor is too over the top for me. Just look at her name. Add a pinch of religion to that, and I think I will pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There isn't that much humour really, but yeah I get about the religion. Luckily it was not much

      Delete
  16. Sounds like it might be a little too sweet for me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a nice romance for when you just want to get lost into a story!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love meddling family members. I always feel like those stories are so much more fun.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP