Wednesday 19 December 2012

Early Review: Low Down Dirty Shane - Sierra Dean


Thick-skinned vampire assassin meets smart-mouthed druid archer. Run, Cupid, run.

Shane Hewitt has been many things—failed husband, supernatural punching bag, and now a bitch to the vampire council of New York City. He thought killing rogue vampires was the hardest thing he’d ever do. Until a hot redhead smashes into him, shouts orders and announces she’s saving his life.

The sole female warrior in a family of druids, Siobhan O’Malley knows how to take care of herself and protect the big city from beasties who breach gateways from the fae realm. The last thing she needs is a misguided, leather-clad hottie’s help to get the job done.

Except maybe he’s exactly what she needs. Siobhan is expected to be a willing, virginal sacrifice on her twenty-fifth birthday. Sex with Shane to stay alive? If he can pull his foot out of his mouth long enough and stop driving her crazy, no problem.

Now if only the bad guys would leave them alone long enough to get the deed done.

My thoughts:
Shane is out hunting vampires when he meets a hot woman who is running for her life. Now who can say no to that?

As it's a short novella, about 70 pages, there is not much to say. They meet, they fight monsters and her family. Her messed up family who wants to sacrifice her, a virginal sacrifice, well there is one way to solve that problem ;)

Shane is cool, Siobhan is kick-ass. They make a great team and I think that they can be fun together. I would sure like to read more, they could have some action filled and hot adventures for sure.

Series: Misfits & Mayhem #1, Secret McQueen
Genre: urban Fantasy
Pages: 92
To be published: Dec 25th 2012 by Samhain Publishing
Source. For review

..................................

Discussion Point

I will ask this again tomorrow so I can get as many opinions as needed.

I have posted the Lady Scoundrels thing now for a few weeks. The questions is:

* Do you like that there are 3 reviews of the same book?

* Or should we just have one discussion post / or 3 short reviews in one? (with links to longer reviews if there are, goodreads for example)

Thanks!

35 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun novella! Gotta love a kick-ass heroine:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I need this! I so love her Secret series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed you chose to read a short story? I know it's difficult for you. I'll have to read my books by her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the series so yes but novellas..well they are not exactly a fav of mine

      Delete
  4. As far as your review question I think one post is better that way you can compare and contrast in one review. Spreading them over three blogs is confusing. As far as this book goes. I picked up Sierra's Secret Mcqueen series and like it so I will check out this new series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Secret McQueen is just awesome, love love that series :D I am so glad I found it, just this fall actually.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  5. I think I'm with Heidi on the answer. She says it the best.

    Love the sound of the novella... especially when you say, "well there is one way to solve that problem ;) LOL Love the review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, cool! Love druid characters. Heehee, good that he could save her from a virginal sacrifice. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that would not have been amusing to be part of ;)

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a nice short story, I like the cover.
    About Lady Scoundrels, I like the way you are doing it now, with three seperate posts. But if you want to wrap it up quicker, then one post with all three reviews and links to the full reviews would be nice too I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naida :) We are totally re-working everything now and can't decide on anything

      Delete
  8. this sounds like the start of a cool urban fantasy..glad you want more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the author :D she is great with UF

      Delete
  9. Sounds interesting. I'm starting to like these short stories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Off it went onto my wishlist! Sounds fantastic even if I'm not a fan of short stories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like UF but not novellas, please, not novellas...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...novellas, sure it was good, just not as good

      Delete
  12. i'd say three short reviews in one post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is this novella part of her series? Sounds good.

    And I'm good with three short reviews together. It's fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes :D I do not know where to put it on the Secret timeline though, maybe after the latest book

      Delete
  14. Not my cup of tea but I'm glad you had fun with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like three full reviews to a book....
    Wow....I want to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This novella was all over my twitter feed the other day but I had no clue what it was about. Sounds kind of fun. I'm glad I read your review. I think I'll get it when it comes out not he 25th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wanted to post it this week as xmas week can be sloooow ;)

      Delete
  17. I loved Shane and Siobhan together, they are a great couple.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP