Wednesday 12 December 2012

Review: Just a cowboy and his baby - Carolyn Brown


One determined, hell-on-wheels cowgirl. One equally determined, sexier-than-hell cowboy. One innocent baby, who suddenly takes center stage and everybody's priorities are suddenly up for grabs.

With a young baby dropped in his lap, bronc rider Trace Coleman's world is turned upside down. Suddenly, Gemma O'Donnell, his stiffest competition on the rodeo scene, is now the one person who can help him. She's already resisting his sexy smile and even sexier swagger, but she can't resist a baby. When it comes down to it, only one can win, but is winning more important than love and family?

My thoughts:
In this Brown novel it's Gemma who gets her shot at love. She is a bronc rider and is competing for the grand prize. She is tough as nails and wont anyone walk over her, in this manly world. But she is also kind, and yes sassy.

In comes hunky Trace, of course she has checked him out and he her. But he is her most fierce competition so no chance of anything happening. But who am I kidding, of course something will happen. These two will spend months travelling the same roads, going to the same places. Fate is pushing them together.

There is a baby in the title, and something is shown a bit into the book so that one is easy to figure out.

And yes it can be read as a stand alone.

Conclusion:
The book was cute, filled with Texas charm and a book that you easily read in one day. You just sit down and the pages fly by.

Cover: Cute

Series: Spikes and Spurs #6
Genre: Contemporary romance, western
Pages: 342
Published: Dec 4th 2012 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Source: For review

39 comments:

  1. I do love the cover of this book! It just looks cute. Sadly though, her books just aren't for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like it :D
      I like her books cos they are so sweet and ...cute, lol. But yes not for everyone

      Delete
  2. such a cute cover!! so glad the story is cute too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Christmas books to be quick reads, fun and cute :-) That it can be a stand alone is a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is very good at making them stand alones, sure her family is talked about but hey it's family

      Delete
  4. A cute read is just what I need. I just picked up two of this author's books and she will be on my blog in March looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds fun :D I hope you enjoy the two books you picked out. I do like her style, it's sweet

      Delete
  5. Yea-ha this sounds cute, i love a good western romance every now and again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hm... still haven't read those cowboy books you keep showing me, but I will. This one sounds cute and predictable and cute are fine with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, I do go all yay over cowboy books. And to think that it was a new interest...oh and you can jump around in this series *wink wink*

      Delete
  7. I love cowboys and have read one book with a hot cowboy in it!! Sounds cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute and nice, and fast to read. I love that as this book is crazy busy

      Delete
  8. Nice to know you are not bored at home. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are times I feel like light flyby reads... I'll keep this book in mind... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is the baby his? Or just some random baby?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You want me to say..well it's obvious, it's his.

      Delete
    2. hahahaha okay. I just didn't want to assume. xD

      Delete
    3. I did wonder, but then there is this mystery POV and I was all, of course

      Delete
  11. This sounds like a really fun read! I love the competitors-to-lovers setup:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sure is a good setup :D Cos you know they will fight and then fall in love

      Delete
  12. It's been so long since I've read a western...but I do love my cowboys :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww... I love stories with babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds cute and I like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not usually a fan of cowboy stories but maybe I shouldn't right a sexy cowboy off lol

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP