Today I have Jeanette Murray over for an interview and I will be giving away a copy of her new book :)
1. Tell me 3 fun facts about yourself… :)
1. I can quote almost the entire movie First Wives Club by heart. “Goodbye love…hello Pop-Tarts.”
2. The idea of a fresh, clean spiral-bound notebook makes me smile.
3. I have only managed to teach my dog one trick in 5 years. He does it well…but he’s a one-trick puppy.
2. Could you tell me about your new book The Officer breaks the rules?
Madison has been half in love with Jeremy, her brother’s best friend, since the day they met. But she was only sixteen and he was a shiny new Lt. in the Marine Corps. Fast forward several years, Madison is now in the Navy as a nurse and is stationed by both her brother and Jeremy. She still wants him, but he’s keeping his distance. You don’t mess around with your best friend’s sister. It’s awkward and besides, she’s in the Navy. A dual military relationship isn’t for him. Madison’s determined to show him they’re right for each other and they can get through it, if he’d stop being so ridiculous about it!
3. Could you tell me why everyone will fall in love with Jeremy?
Jeremy’s got a lot of baggage from his childhood, but he thinks he has it all figured out. Spoiler alert…no. But he has a code of honor that he sticks to doggedly, even when it means he is denying himself something he really, really…really wants. Of course, that’s Madison’s job…to help him redefine his code.
4. What would you personally think about Jeremy’s code? If it was about you?
I sort of see the point in it. Your best friend’s sister makes things squeamish. You can’t talk about your love life with your friend, because, well, ew. And your best friend knows everything about you, even the less stellar parts (because everyone’s got secrets, no matter how dark). Will you be judged more harshly? Held to a higher standard? Or expected more of it? And if it doesn’t work out, then what? More awkwardness. But when it’s serious, and real, then it works anyway.
5. Madison knows who she wants. Was she fun to write?
Madison is a combination of a few friends in my life, which made her a blast. I kept picturing a lot of my girl friends saying things she would say, which kept things interesting.
6. What is coming next from you?
My first book of a different series (contemporary western romance series) just hit bookshelves last month. That one is titled Taking the Reins. And then of course, you can expect Dwayne’s story to hit bookshelves this summer in The Officer and the Secret.
Thanks for having me!
1 copy of The Officer
1. Open to US and Canada
2 Ends Jan 23rd
3. Just enter :)