Thursday 10 January 2013

Review: For the Love of a Goblin Warrior - Shona Husk


Centuries ago, Meryn was thought to be utterly lost--all traces of his soul given up to the ravening goblin horde. But with the curse that enslaved him now broken, he must once again learn to walk in the realm of men.

Nurse Nadine Gilbert likes working the night shift to avoid her disturbing dreams, but her mysterious new patient looks hauntingly familiar. Meryn knows he doesn't deserve a second chance, but Nadine brings out his long-buried human side. Telling her the truth about his violent past could destroy their fragile trust. Could she ever believe in the love of a Goblin Warrior?

My thoughts:
This book felt light and easy, even with the darkness in it. It was a romance about two people being saved by each other.

Meryn used to be a Goblin who stole gold and killed. Now he is back int he real world, 2000 years later. He is lost, but he is smart. He mourns in family, and the darkness of the Goblin hangs over him. But he is a nice guy, a man who just want to live again..if there was something to live for.

Nadine is a nurse who have nightmares (yes goblins there too). He father is in jail for killing her mother and she has blocked that out. She may go on about her life, but there is something there. Something sad. Then Nadine and Meryn meet. Something pulls them together. They are meant to be. But first they have things to go through. He needs to let go of his past and she needs to deal with her past. Not to mention that you know the whole Goblin thing is gonna pop up and mess things up.

Conclusion:
A good romance, 2 people just meant to be. Throw in a little paranormal and there you have it.

Cover
Nice

Series: Shadowlands #3
Genre: Paranormal romance
Pages: 352
Published: January 1st 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Source. For review

43 comments:

  1. Ooooo goblins? I haven't read too many books that feature them - especially as a romantic hero. Win:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes goblins, not exactly the heros of my dreams, but it works well

      Delete
  2. Ooh I've never read a goblin romance, but this one sounds awesome! I'm definitely going to have to check it out! Great review :)

    -Jessica (Peace Love Books)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good series, not that pnr heavy, more romance

      Delete
  3. The title sounds so odd to me but the story interests me. I don't think I've read about goblins before either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are not really your typical kind of paranormal romance hero ;)

      Delete
  4. I love me some Goblins ! I blame Labyrinth! I think I must read this series :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh right, I forgot about that. But then I never did watch the movie

      Delete
  5. This series intrigued me when it came out, but I never did pick up the first one. This one sounds good though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds lik a good one and that is one cute Goblin Warrior!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so curious about these Goblins. I always thought goblins were ugly,snarling, slobbering creatures not hot hunks so now I need to know more. Ya think the goblin thing would come up in a romance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wWell, when he was Goblin he was gray and creepy. He then came back to human, so it's not that they are overly sexy to start with

      Delete
  8. I love the idea of Goblins... well, hot ones. LOL This one sounds like a lot of fun. Love the summation at the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes hot ones, not really a fan of those Lord of the rings Goblins

      Delete
  9. I'll make a note that it's a nice read, Blodeuedd. I think the cover initially scared me away... ;) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did? Lol, well all those half clad men do get boring in the end

      Delete
  10. Can I just say that for some reason thinking of goblins doesn't bring to mind hunky men and romance!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you are right. it does not say romance and heroes

      Delete
  11. Oh this does sound good. And it's the 3rd! Hmm, I missed the other two. lol. I'll have to go look at them. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes better go back and have a look, but this does stand well on its own

      Delete
  12. Different to my usual romance reads but different is good ... thanks B

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read the first book, liked it, though didn't continue on. I am curious to see what happens with the hunky goblins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They made it home and found ladies, the end ;)

      Delete
  14. wow......0.0....i love the cover lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. A nice book but soooo not for me. They are meant to be together...sorry, I might retch a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I am sorry buddy. Here is something for you to throw up in

      Delete
  16. This sounds really good and that cover! I love it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like a romance where they save each other. Glad you enjoyed.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. you know I don't think I ever read a book about goblins. I should try I'm sure it's interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's see...I do come across goblins in fantasy but they are NOTHING like this ;)

      Delete
  19. Ooh this is a series I haven't read, but Mr. Dreamy on the cover and Goblins make me want too..delightful review :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another series/author still on my wishlist. Glad you liked this third book as well.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP