Saturday 12 January 2013

Review: Towers of Midnight - Robert Jordan


Perrin Aybara is now hunted by specters from his past: Whitecloaks, a slayer of wolves, and the responsibilities of leadership. All the while, an unseen foe is slowly pulling a noose tight around his neck. To prevail, he must seek answers in Tel’aran’rhiod and find a way—at long last—to master the wolf within him or lose himself to it forever.

Meanwhile, Matrim Cauthon prepares for the most difficult challenge of his life. The creatures beyond the stone gateways—the Aelfinn and the Eelfinn—have confused him, taunted him, and left him hanged, his memory stuffed with bits and pieces of other men’s lives. He had hoped that his last confrontation with them would be the end of it, but the Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills. The time is coming when he will again have to dance with the Snakes and the Foxes, playing a game that cannot be won. The Tower of Ghenjei awaits, and its secrets will reveal the fate of a friend long lost.

My thoughts:
First just let me say how much I hate the Seanchan, and they are not even the bad guys, well ok they are bad, but not THE bad guys. Here we get insight into what might happen if the world comes out ok after the last battle. And I will only say that I hope everyone last Seanchan ends up in a Trollock pot and get eaten. There is no hope for this world and the Seanchan is so ruthless in that their way is the only way.

Yup hating the Seanchan.

Find myself understanding *coughs* sort of, Galad. Kind of even like that idiot.

Elayne is a complete moron. The babies must have addled her brain.

How did Egwene become so wise so fast? Please.

Lan is riding to his doom, go Lan!

Mat wants to save Moiriane. One would think he could go to his wife and get that idiot to see some sense first. Grr Seanchan scum.

Rand is all peaceful..freaky.

Perrin is cool. Faile is meh.

Berelain finds her true love, why is everyone really pretty or handsome in this book?

Finding more LOTR parallels.

And everyone is moving towards the Last Battle...does that mean the final book is 900 pages of battle!? o_O

Conclusion:
YAY I can't wait for the last book. Yes I am harsh at times but I love this series.

Covers: 
These UK ones are dull

Hopefully I will manage to give you a review of book 14 soon if the postal Gods will smile upon me

And this concludes my WOT re-reading challenge, yay

Series: The wheel of time #13
Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 843
Published: 2010 by Orbit
Source. Own

25 comments:

  1. 900 pages of battle?! Oh, that would be dire...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOOOW. Thats a lot of battle. hahaha. But yeahh....usually the UK has decent covers. Mhmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll wait until the last one is up before reading the last 3-4 books. But yey that Moiraine is back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am impressed fourteen books and you still like the series despite the Seanchan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Seanchan suck and I wish they would all die, but I have a feeling that won't happen. I just finished Fires of Heaven today, and have started on Lord of Chaos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they will live on those hateful bastards :/
      Good work :D And I am realllly looking forward to getting book14

      Delete
  6. I still have to read this one! Time to go back to The Wheel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you enjoyed this one. Now I know you hate the Seanchan :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bring on the last one!! And maybe, one day I will start all over again and try to finish this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will see how I feel about the last one. Hopefully not any throwing the book out of the window business

      Delete
  9. Haha, great to have a wonderful hate relationship with characters. ;D Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I concur that the UK covers are extremely dull...

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP