Monday 14 January 2013

Review: The Wicked Wedding of Miss Ellie Vyne - Jayne Fresina


By night Ellie Vyne fleeces unsuspecting aristocrats as the dashing Count de Bonneville. By day she avoids her sisters' matchmaking attempts and dreams up inventive insults to hurl at her childhood nemesis, the arrogant, far-too-handsome-for-his-own-good, James Hartley.

James finally has a lead on the villainous, thieving Count, tracking him to a shady inn. He bursts in on none other than "that Vyne woman" . . . in a shocking state of dishabille. Convinced she is the Count's mistress, James decides it's best to keep your enemies close. Very close. In fact, seducing Ellie will be the perfect bait . . .

My thoughts:
 I had forgotten that the hero was in book 1 (yes me and my memory), but forgetting did make it better in a way cos I got to know him again. This was my first impression. Since in book 1 he wanted to marry someone else. Yes you can see why it's good to start on a fresh page ;)

Right then, Ellie is, well she is a lot! She is not one of those usual women of the Ton. She is so much more. She has a reputation of broken engagements and the scandal is that a duke died in her bed. She is also masquerading as a French Count and gains money that way. She is a handful and I liked her.

James and Ellie, well the families are bitter enemies, he called her Ellie Phant once and yes she does not like him. He is a rake, but a rake that has grown old and realised that it does not work as well anymore. In comes Ellie, that menace and he does not know what to do about her. A fun couple to read about.

Conclusion:
The book was light, romantic, a bit funny and it made me want more. More will come in form of another menace. Poor ton ;)

Series: Sydney Dovendale #2
Genre: Historical romance
Pages: 402
Published: Jan 1st 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Source: For review

42 comments:

  1. This sounds fun. I think I'd probably enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this does sound like total fun! I like when the leading ladies are beyond the ordinary for their times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And when it feels believable too cos it does not always do

      Delete
  3. I Duke possibly died in her bed? That is definitely scandalous! Sounds like a really fun read, I love historical romances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, wicked! I can say no more, but scandals follow her around, but she is a nice girl

      Delete
  4. Light and romantic sounds great as well as getting to know hero again.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I don't have to read the first one???? If I don't I really want to read this one. hahahaha just because Ellie is a handful and it sounds soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I think it can be safely read like this ;) Of course do check it out

      Delete
  6. This sounds so good, and the heroine is quite interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still prefer my dragons but so happy you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes the dragons are cooler, I do admit that

      Delete
  8. O_o, I want to read this one! Sounds just like my type of book, Blodeuedd! :) Thanks for a great review, chica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :D
      It was fun, it was light, I adore that

      Delete
  9. Why am I always drawn to books with the word Wicked in their titles? This does sound very entertaining and wow she does have a rep...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, she certainly does have quite the reputation... I like that. I am always drawn to books with the word Wicked in their title, I don't know why....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, wicked is just such a cool word and to be wicked, well it makes it readable

      Delete
  11. This sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read the first book and sounds like I will want to read the second.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think you would like this one then too

      Delete
  13. This sounds like a nice light read. Sometimes you just need those kind of books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally, especially I. I love these kinds of books

      Delete
  14. Sounds like total fun. I like a gal who is a handful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a lot of fun. Ellie must be quite a character.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds fun. I love a good scandal ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds good. Pretty cover.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds like a fun series, I haven't come across this author yet, but have added the books to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Feud between families... mmm... I like that premise :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I need to get back to one of these this year...miss reading about the ton!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This books sounds just like I like my HR.

    ReplyDelete
  22. the cover is absolutely adorable!! ellie sounds like a great female lead!! I read the first book in the series and didn't really like it that much. sounds like this one was much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, so cute :D I did like this one better than the first

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP