Wednesday 23 January 2013

Reviews: Secret McQueen 0,5 and 2,5


They say it's impossible to find a man in New York City. Secret McQueen needs to find two in one night. Of course, it ll mean pulling off the impossible find and kill a displaced rogue vampire without disrupting the first promising date she s had in ages. As a werewolf hybrid used to walking a fine line of survival in the vampire world, though, Secret eats impossible for breakfast.

Somewhere between hello and the first round of drinks, Secret makes her move. Her target, Hollywood s biggest star, shouldn t be hard to spot. Just look for swarms of fans. Except every time her vampire liaison, Holden, helps keep her mission on track, her date runs further off the rails.

Either Holden has a hidden agenda, or he knows more than he s letting on about her quarry. One way or another, Secret is determined to get her man, and meet Mr. Right. Or die trying.

My thoughts:
As you all are aware of now I do not like writing reviews for novellas. What to say? Not to mention that most make me want more, and not in a good way. Here I did want more too cos I love the books, and 47 pages is way too little Secret.

Anyway, blind date, off to kill a Hollywood star, Holden being Holden and some ass kicking :)

I am glad though that I read this one now first, cos prequel are almost never as good as the real thing.


It's the most wonderful time of the year. The season for mistletoe, Christmas lights...and a killing spree. When Secret's friend, Detective Mercedes Castilla, asks for help to solve a series of murders longer than a string of lights, Secret resigns herself to the fact her holidays will be anything but peaceful.

It seems someone is killing New Yorkers in an unusually gruesome way, and as the bodies pile up faster than presents under the tree, the police are no closer to finding the killer than Secret is to finding the perfect present for one of her boyfriends, Lucas.

Tracking down a monster in Manhattan the week before Christmas is almost as difficult as shopping for her ever-expanding collection of loved ones. When tragedy strikes close to home, Secret must do everything in her power to put an end to the horror in time for Santa to come down the chimney.

My thoughts:
A holiday novella where Secret gets to meet Des' parents for the first time, scaaary! ;)

Some cute time between her and Des (love ya Des!). Some tension between her and Holden.

And of course the hunt for a really creepy serial killer who leaves bodyparts as a gift. Just your typical paranormal NY xmas.

Both Novellas from 2011 by Samhain Publishing
Source: Own


38 comments:

  1. Gosh I need to get back to this series, read the prequel and book one and that is it. Does Des taste like limes? I forgot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he is all lime :D
      Get back at once! This series rocks

      Delete
  2. Yeah, if novellas are good, I want more. If they're bad... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same if they are bad, or just meh I am alll meh too

      Delete
  3. YAY! You read prequels and didn't suffer too badly. :) Sometimes I love them when they continue the series and seem to be a whole story. Unfortunately that isn't always the case. Might have to check these out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, not too badly ;)
      Sometimes they do suck, I hate when that happens cos that have made me not pick up a book :/

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes I would not want to meet the Santa Claus killer

      Delete
  5. I think I have the first two on my kindle! I am going to have to check :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a series I have been meaning to read and eep now there are novellas too..I need more time, and a pill to avoid sleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did do fine without reading the novellas, but 2,5, well something happened there that was good to know...of course I did not as I read it now ;)=

      Delete
  7. Don't think they're my cup of tea, but glad you enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the sounds of this one. Novellas are interesting. I like them, but sometimes they are just too short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were long though. Almost 50 and the other 100ish

      Delete
  9. *giggle* I like the santa hat. ;D Great to see you enjoyed these. And another series I need to get to some day soon. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must start it! When I did I was all over it and could NOT stop reading

      Delete
  10. I enjoy novellas more when they're part of a series. These sound good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though they are annoying if something big happens in them, cos they are mostly ebooks and I can't buy those :/ These I got with an old GC

      Delete
  11. I found these never felt too short as many novellas do. And I liked them, as you know, like you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did want a bit more, but that is me, I'd will rather have a long book filled with Des and all the rest

      Delete
  12. I haven't heard of this series at all! I usually don't mind novellas if they're part of a larger series, then I'm content with the shortness because I know there's more waiting for me out there:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No? Omg READ IT!!!! Lol, it is awesome. I usually do not like..a certain thing I shall not mention but here it's awesome

      Delete
  13. Sounds like some cool novellas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I recently read a novella and hated it! Not sure if I would be willing to give another one a shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Novellas are a tricky business, I try to stay away from them, if they are not by an author I love

      Delete
  15. ooooh both sound good. Though you don't like reviewing novellas, you sure do a good job. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm pretty sure that I have at least one of this author's books loaded on my reader. I just need to find the time to read it because I've heard really good things about her. Glad you enjoyed these!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh go find it, but it must be book 1 so you get the whole scoop

      Delete
  17. This series sounds promising...

    ReplyDelete
  18. We feel the same about novellas. Though I would read the full length books in this series. They sound fun.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP