Wednesday 6 March 2013

Review: Double Enchantment - Kathryne Kennedy


When Lady Jasmina accidentally creates a double of herself who knows nothing about Society propriety, the mix-up brings her into a very compromising position with a sexy were-stallion.

My thoughts:
This is book two, but it works perfectly as a stand alone and you can just jump straight in. There is a little prologue at first explaining why and what magic is.

And on to the book. Jasmine is a proper young lady, until a spell backfires on her. Which leads her to meet a shapeshifter, and those are just so beneath her social standing. Too bad Sterling is a total hottie and sparks fly. The book is about Jasmine trying to find a missing magical relic, and the twin she created with magic. Her very naughty twin. Sterling is sent to help her, and he wants her. But he does seem to have a few issues to deal with.

Oh and there is a gnome! At first I did not like him, but he was fun in the end. And annoying! Poor Jasmine. Also loved her aunt Nettie. So glad about a thing that happened *giggles*

A magical story set in an alternate England.

And now on to the spoiler....

Sterling meets the illusion twin first and has sex with her! Wtf? And lusts after her. Then he gets disappointed when he meets the real deal. But oh she is after a while nice too. All while All I can think of is that he had sex with her TWIN! Fail!

Conclusion:
A very different kind of London, and rules will be broken.

Cover:
Can you see the little gnome, creepy

Series. Relics of Merlin #2
Pages: 352
Genre: Alternate history /paranormal historical romance
Published: March 5th 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Source: For review

39 comments:

  1. A WERE STALLION?! That is all I need to know about this book. SOLD! I haven't read a single book about horse shifters. CANNOT PASS THAT UP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, and she rides him, ok that sounds dirty but he is a horse

      Delete
  2. LOL. Thats what I was thinking too. Having a "naughty" twin of yourself would be so awkard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pass - mostly because of the whole twin thing. I think I was actually going to read the first in the series and haven't gotten around to it yet. I wonder if it's still on my shelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The twin thing bothered me, especially since it was the twin he wanted

      Delete
  4. it sounds like a nice mix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, total fail... :( BUT... were stallion? Oh the joke... must. not. say. it. *sigh* I need to read it just because of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I said something in an earlier comment, I could not help it ;)

      Delete
  6. 0.0....poor guy he was sorts of confused I bet.

    But sounds like one Hell of a journey. Twins, a were-horse, creepy gnomes, and magic. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gnomes, oh those gnomes, they were amusing.

      Delete
  7. I love alternate history and I like that you can just jump right in without having read the previous that is always nice for busy bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, cos in the end I have come to realise that almost every book I read is in a series. And then I am glad some work out of order

      Delete
  8. Is it Friday yet? *waves weakly*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok that cover is a little weird and yes I saw the gnome..LOL This sounds strange, but fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not see him at first and then I was all, what? Why is he there? But he is in the book

      Delete
  10. Oh yeah, I wouldn't have noticed the gnome if you haven't said anything! :))) I haven't read this one, but I liked the first book - it was such a mish mash of genres. You'd like it, Blodeuedd. Great review, I've enjoyed the wtfkery LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks :)
      Book 1 was better though, but that is cos I always like the world better first when I am all enchanted with the idea of it

      Delete
  11. I almost missed the little gnome! I read the spoiler and ewww. That would bug me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. sounds so good. maybe i should read this series!! the gnome is so cute, I LOVE the cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think? Lol, I just think it's creepy when he is peaking out, but then he was a creepy guy

      Delete
  13. The little gnome is totally what sold me on it? What do you mean creepy? Gnomes are da bomb diggety :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes they rock the garden. Peaking out from bushes and rocks

      Delete
  14. A were-stallion? This is unexpected awesomeness! That cover is pretty funny though. The gnome sounds cool, and it's really great that you can jump right in to book two in the series. But that spoiler!! OMG! I shouldn't have read it, but I did. Yes, fail. Majorly. Still kind of want to read it to see what this were stallion is all about though. :-) Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know spoiler alerts are evil cos I can never stand away. But then I want to know if there is any major wtfery in a book and here there sure was. I made it through but it was..wow

      Delete
  15. Ooo, I like the sounds of this. I didn't look at the spoiler. :) And I didn't see the gnome until you pointed it out! Great! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good girl, I can never help myself when it comes to a spoiler, I am wicked

      Delete
  16. Definitely a pass - have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have read this book, years ago and I remember enjoying this series very much. Wasn't that twin just magical and temporary?
    Perhaps I have to re-read it for the gnome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well yes but still, they still did things and it was just weird.

      Delete
  18. A naughty magical twin and a were-stallion? Very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. With this series I would expect nothing less :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Blod, you are speaking my language. A sexy were-stallion, London and a gnome. I'm adding this to my wishlist immediately.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP