Monday 4 March 2013

Review: Free Fall - Catherine Mann

On This Mission, There Are No Accidents...
Pararescueman Jose "Cuervo" James is the guy they call for the most dangerous assignments. He lives for his job.

On a high-risk rescue deep in the African jungle, Jose encounters sexy, smart Interpol agent Stella Carson. They'd once had an affair that burned hot and fast, but family is everything to Stella, and Jose just can't go there.

Fate has thrown them into the deadly hot zone together, and sparks will fly...but only if they can live to tell about it.

My thoughts:
This is book 4 but I could jump right in and it could just as well have been book 1. So it worked really well as a stand alone.

The book jumps around a bit. Stella and Jose had a love affair and we get a few flashbacks as he tries to save her life. And then the story continues. The flashes were good and bad. I kind of wished we would have gotten it all at once instead of half a page here and there. I get very impatient.

Right, Stella, tough, searching for the truth, spying. Jose, tough, commanding job. Both with pasts. Two people who really do no have time to sit down and fall in love. But the attraction is there. And it's not like I can smack them over the head cos their jobs are tough!

While these two want and can't there is a kidnapping plot, and then a bigger "something is gonna happen" plot. 

Conclusion:
A thrilling book that threw a few punches. 

Cover:
Eh

Series: Elite force #4
Genre: Romantic suspense / Military romance
Pages: 352
To be published: March 5th 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Source: For review

40 comments:

  1. The flashbacks sound interesting, but like you, I think I would have wanted them all at once.
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have worked better cos at times they just surprised me.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a sexy read! I'm on a military romance kick at the moment, so I'll definitely check this series out:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then this might just be the one for you :D Sexy and military

      Delete
  3. Ok, I like the sounds of this despite the flashbacks being doled out slowly. Romantic suspense is one of my favorite genres and I like the military angle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came late to romantic suspense, but I liked it when I finally found it. Romance and action. What is there not to like

      Delete
  4. Oh perfect a book 4 we can read before the others? I love that! I didn't know this author so thank you for the discovery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I could ;) And I never felt lost or anything

      Delete
  5. Oh, I think that might be Baddest Santa Guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What the cover is just meh?? That is a great Top Off Tuesday cover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the thriller aspect of it. Been on the lookout for a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And like I said, can be read out of order ;)

      Delete
  8. I think I'll pass. Military romances just don't draw my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmm don't mind the cover guy's abs lol, and I don't mind a military romance

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooooooh looks good. Not many books set in Africa. Also...the cover isn't so bad either. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And there we get pirates and kidnappings

      Delete
  11. I don't read much romantic suspense, this sounds good though. And the cover isn't that bad, I just don't like his head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you have it there. I am not that happy about the head either

      Delete
  12. We are having a lovely, sunny spell so I won't write anything caustic ;p.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! They promise sun for tomorrow but I wont hold my breath

      Delete
  13. The cover is delightful *waggles eyebrows* This sounds like something I need to pick up! Fab review!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How can you find the cover just 'eh'? Eh? really? lol. The cover is hot. Well, okay no not the cover, but the guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had an eh day ;) But i's the head, dunno, but I am just eh about him

      Delete
  15. I so got to get this series and read it. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll have to keep this one in mind for my mom. I don't think it's my cup of tea, but i do like the cover. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I already wanted to read this after seeing your interview post, but now I'm even more excited. I only rarely read romantic suspense, but I always enjoy it. And those abs almost make up for the silly look on the guy's face. :-) Fab review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well the abs are good ;) I wont argue with that.
      I did not read much suspense either before but that's why I could not find any

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP