Thursday 14 March 2013

Review: The Geek Girl and the Scandalous Earl - Gina Lamm


An avid gamer, Jamie Marten loves to escape into online adventure. But when she falls through an antique mirror into a lavish bedchamber—200 years in the past!—she realizes she may have escaped a little too far.

Micah Axelby, Earl of Dunnington, has just kicked one mistress out of his bed, and isn’t looking to fill it with another—least of all this sassy, nearly naked girl who claims to be from the future. Yet something about her is undeniably enticing…

Jamie and Micah are worlds apart. He’s a peer of the realm. She can barely make rent. She’s wi-fi. He’s horse-drawn. But soon the pair will do anything to avoid a Game Over.

My thoughts:
Time-traveling, yay. Who doesn't want to go back and meet a sexy earl in regency clothes? I would go, well if I only stayed the day because in the end I want to go to the toilet, a real one. Have certain products etc etc. Much more fun to read about then then going ;)

Jamie falls through a mirror and into a room. And let's just say that shorts and a top is not exactly what a proper young lady would be wearing. She and Micah are like dogs and cats. She says her meaning, swears, he is a true gentleman and does not know what to make of this..person. Talk about a when cultures clash. They are also meant to be, but she is nobody, he is an earl. She is staying at his place (an unmarried woman!). Scandalous.

Cultural differences, the ton and one spiteful ex-mistress is what these two will have to deal with. It will not be easy. But it makes for a fun and entertaining run. 

Conclusion:
A light cute read.

Series: Geek Girls #1
Genre: Historical romance
Pages: 352
Published: March 1st 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Source For review

37 comments:

  1. Ha, right there with you only visiting one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sadly too accustomed to the good things, like a modern toilet and a shower

      Delete
  2. I am so with you on not wanting to stay long. I would miss my hygiene products, indoor plumbing and a shower. I don't think a duke would be worth it! This does sound fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A duke is good, but a hot shower! real chocolate, toiletpaper, lol, everything

      Delete
  3. I was considering this the other day. This does sound like a cute read. I love the clash of culture type of romances. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The premise for the next one looks really good too :D

      Delete
  4. Oh I like the cover, it looks fun. It sounds like a perfect story when we want a break. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds like fun!!! I love time travel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cuuuute!! i don't totally love time travel, but sometimes it's fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so want to fall though a mirror *happy sigh*

      Delete
  7. I love a good romance time travel book! This one sounds really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooohh...I love the sounds of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol I though you were reviewing lesbian romance. You need to change the title!

    Still, sounds fun, I still have lots of timetravel on my shelves though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "I would go, well if I only stayed the day because in the end I want to go to the toilet, a real one."

    SAME! A quick jaunt back in time would be great, but ultimately I'm a modern girl through and through and need all my technology and amenities:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And no internet, I mean how else would I look up things I need to go? I wont have a library with me in the middle of nowhere ;)

      Delete
  11. I don't know if it sounds fun enough to overlook the fact that it's time travel. Rarely do time travel stories work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Makes me wonder if she will give up her online games to live in the past with him. Sounds cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this sounds like so much fun! I agree, I wouldn't want to go back for long, but bring the sexy earl to present day, please! That would work for me. Same gentlemanly hero, modern hygiene. :-)

    PS - that guy on the cover is pretty sexy!

    Love this review, I'll definitely have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe..maybe I could go back, have my sexy earl and then jump back to use the toilet? lol

      Delete
  14. I'll keep this one in mind, Blodeuedd! ;) I love time travel but I admit the cover really put me off with it's cheesiness ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hahahaha I simply love time travelling novels (allows me to live out my fantasy of meeting a gentlemen), however...I am with you. I rather read about it then live it for I would miss our modern things too much. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes I would love to go back, but then I think of all the things I would miss. And would a hunky with a drafty castle make up for that?

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP