Monday 15 April 2013

Review: Grave Memory - Kalayna Price

As a Grave Witch, Alex solves murders by raising the dead—an ability that comes at a cost, and after her last few cases, that cost is compounding. But her magic isn’t the only thing causing havoc in her life. While she’s always been on friendly terms with Death himself, things have recently become a whole lot more close and personal. Then there’s her sometime partner, agent Falin Andrews, who is under the glamour of the Winter Queen. To top everything off, her best friend has been forever changed by her time spent captive in Faerie.

But the personal takes a backseat to the professional when a mysterious suicide occurs in Nekros City and Alex is hired to investigate. The shade she raises has no memory of the days leading up to his brutal ending, so despite the very public apparent suicide, this is murder. But what kind of magic can overcome the human will to survive? And why does the shade lack the memory of his death? Searching for the answer might mean Alex won’t have a life to remember at all…

My thoughts:
Just because I have a crush on Death this is how I am gonna start:

'O, Death. O, Death.
Won't you spare me over 'til another year?
Well, what is this that I can't see
With ice cold hands takin' hold of me
Well I am death, none can excel
I'll open the door to heaven or hell'
-traditional

Yes he is one of those big crushes cos he is always just there, staring. While Falin is a stupid pretty boy Fae. I am team Death in this one.

Anyway, Alex has a new case. The ghosts are being all weird. So she is investigating. Trying to keep a check on Faerie, and spending some time with her friends. Oh and then there is the whole Falin and Death thing.

I do wonder what she will do about her Fae heritage, which court she will choose, will she find happiness? All questions I really want answers too. But the author is not making it easy for her. Not at all.

Conclusion:
As the next book is not out yet I will sit here waiting cos I want more.

Cover
Nice


Alex Craft #3
Urban Fantasy
Mass Market Paperback, 1st Edition, 373 pages
Published July 3rd 2012 by Roc
Own

43 comments:

  1. Oh those series which keep you waiting for more...but I suppose we love it, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so curious about the next one, I really like this series. I agree team Death!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Team Death! That sounds...very wrong, lol

      Delete
  3. I hate waiting. Hate It. I have been wanting to read this series for so long and I have the first book and guess what I haven't read it. Dammit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will get to read it soon then ;) You can always wait until all are out but that can take years

      Delete
  4. I love this series so much, need to get reading this one, haven't had chance since I got it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying very hard not to start new series but you're making it really hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I should stay away too from those ;)

      Delete
  6. I've already pre-ordered the next book but it will be a long wait until it comes out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, so long, I do hate waiting the most

      Delete
  7. What is it about death in these UF and PNR books? I think if he looked the way we keep hearing NO one would be afraid of death. LOL

    So need to start this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, true. We would be all, Death! YO! Hugs and kisses please ;) But then he is just one of many and the rest are not as hot

      Delete
  8. D'oh. Now I have that song stuck in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love Death when he's a character in a series. I mean - how could you not?

    And Fae don't do much for me. They seem to be all illusion and trickery and I get tired of that after a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I think about it..yes it all goes back to Pratchett and Death there.

      They sure are

      Delete
  10. hahaha never thought I'd hear someone say, "Team Death". Interesting....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I'm totally curious as to whether I'd be team Death too. Something tells me I would, based on the description. :-) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, you totally would be. I do not know how anyone could say no

      Delete
  12. Sounds like a great series!

    ReplyDelete
  13. And...another series I have the first book for here and need to get to. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another series I'm behind on. I have book one on my kindle. One of these days I'll get to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should catch up on all my old ones instead of starting new ones, but I am too curious

      Delete
  15. I also love this series B, glad you enjoyed it. And I am with you, get rid of Falin and go fo Death :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is another series I need to read, I have first book but no time. :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another series I haven't made a start on and I have the first two book ... argh. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always have a weird time having a crush on Death, but he's usually hot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, he usually is a hottie is he not ;)

      Delete
  19. Great poem to Death. I am intrigued by this hot portrayal of Death :) I really want to check out this series now!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wanting more is a good thing. Having to wait for it...not so good!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've been trying to get through Grave Dance for the longest time but I just seem unable to get into the story :( ....and I can't read book 3 without reading book 2 *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no :/ When it does not work, it just does not work

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP