Monday 1 April 2013

Review. The Kingdom of Gods - N.K. Jemisin


For two thousand years the Arameri family has ruled the world by enslaving the very gods that created mortalkind. Now the gods are free, and the Arameri's ruthless grip is slipping. Yet they are all that stands between peace and world-spanning, unending war. 

Shahar, last scion of the family, must choose her loyalties. She yearns to trust Sieh, the godling she loves. Yet her duty as Arameri heir is to uphold the family's interests, even if that means using and destroying everyone she cares for.

As long-suppressed rage and terrible new magics consume the world, the Maelstrom -- which even gods fear -- is summoned forth. Shahar and Sieh: mortal and god, lovers and enemies. Can they stand together against the chaos that threatens?

My thoughts:
I really should write a review the minute I finish the book, even if I am just a day late I feel all meh. Anyway...

This is the last book in this trilogy and it's about Sieh, the kid, the trickster, the lonely one. He is, yes how to describe him? Like I said, a trickster. He can play one minute, rip people to pieces the next if they anger him. Godlings do what they want.

Then he meats Sharar and Deka. Siblings, one heir to the world. I can't say more here cos the consequences echoes through out the whole book, they are the whole book. They are two proud kids cos they are after all Arameri. But they can also be loving, jealous and I will say no more.

There is also a shadow player in this book. A story I liked as everything looked so dark.

The book was better than the last, but then the last disappointed me to no end. But it still was not as good as the first, but then the first blew me away with it's language. This one instead is a joy to read because of a good story, complex characters and a world that is old and well done, and a world that needs to change.

Conclusion:
So I would say, good ending to this series. And yes the end, I really liked the end.

Cover
meh

Series: The Inheritance cycle #3
Genre. Fantasy
Pages: 613
Published: 2011 by Orbit
Source. Own

-------------------------------------- 



I did well in the TBR challenge and I am happy :D

Rivers of London by Ben Aronovich
The Emperor's soul by Brandon Sanderson
The kingdom by Amanda Stevens
The prophet by Amanda Stevens
Fair Game by Patricia Briggs
Dark Haven by Gail Z Martin
Black Howl by Christina Henry
Left hand magic by Nancy A Collins
Road trip of the living dead by Mark Henry
The Magician's guild by Trudi Canavan
Kitty and the Midnight hour by Carrie Vaughn
Grave Memory by Kalayna Price
The kingdom of Gods by NK Jemisin
Osiris by Ej Swift
(2013 books but still counting)
A red sun also rises by Mark Hodder 
A conspiracy of alchemists by Liesl Schwarz

Etiquette and espionage by Gail Carriger




37 comments:

  1. You did amazing on the Take Control challenge!! Glad the ending of your series was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job with the TBR challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's nice when the last book is good, it's always difficult sometimes. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aye...thats why I always try and do my review within the first 48 hours after finishing a book. If not I forgot 99% of what I want to say or I just lack the motivation to write the review. >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally, the motivation just dies within me if I do not do it. And all the feelings I had are just gone

      Delete
  5. Great job on the challenge! Glad this series ended well also. Hate it when the end sucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a few books where the ending was so bad that it ruined the whole series for me

      Delete
  6. I read the first book in this series and it was too high fantasy for me. Still, I'm glad I gave it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked book 1, her voice was so beautiful. That did go away later

      Delete
  7. That's exactly why I sit down almost immediately and write my reviews! Otherwise I completely lose whatever emotion I had while reading and I'm already moving on to the next one in my mind:) Glad this one was at least better than book 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I am not alone :D I do not get some that write them weeks later, sure they got notes perhaps, but for me that would not work. My mindset would be all wrong

      Delete
  8. Congrats on your success in the TBR Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to write my reviews right away or I lose momentum as well. Sounds like this series was a great start then did the middle book thing and finished strong. I hate when series do that. Hey you rocked your challenge. I made it through ten and I am happy as I also kept up on my ARCS>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried reading all my March arcs in Feb ;) So did I do well in the end..well, who knows ;)

      Delete
  10. Wow you kicked butt on the challenge! Seriously jealous. I only did 4 books. :-( But I really only did the read a thon weekend, so I guess I won't feel too bad. Glad this series ended well for you, though it sounds like I'd enjoy the first book the most. I do love trickster gods though (you gotta love Loki types).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, yay, but I felt I had to. Since I am moving in a month and I just can't take every book with me.

      Book 1 was epic and beautiful. The prose moved me,

      Delete
  11. You really did do well on the challenge! YaY you!

    Might have to read that first one and maybe read the next two. :) Then again, you did like the ending... hm... Still, sounds like a decent series over all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay me :D

      Book 1 was epic, book 2 boring and this one was good :D

      The ending was... *evil laugh*

      Delete
  12. Oh, I read the first book and enjoyed it. I have the second here and need to get the third, but I want to finish the series off. :) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you will like the 2nd, it just fell flat for me, oh and the fact that the "hero" was the guy who imprisoned them all

      Delete
  13. I hear you about writing a quick review right after finishing a book! I need to do that big time!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really need to write reviews right away too. This sounds good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well at least it was better than the last and ended somewhat strong. Excellent beginning with a strong ending in series is always important. There is always that one in the series that leaves you shaking your head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worst with those is that I give up and do not read more

      Delete
  16. The language of book one blew you away huh...makes me wonder if it was vulgar or just incredibly well done???
    The cover looks nice, though I don't think this series will end up in my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vulgar, what no! That would never blow me away. It was poetic and beautiful

      Delete
    2. So a good blown away. Nice to know :)

      Delete
  17. whoa, is this what you read from your tbr in one month??? that is a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, well I was on holiday for a few days int he beginning and went insane ;)

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP