Saturday 6 April 2013

Review: The Magicians' Guild - Trudi Canavan + new blog look


This year, like every other, the magicians of Imardin gather to purge the city of undesirables. Cloaked in the
protection of their sorcery, they move with no fear of the vagrants and miscreants who despise them and their work—until one enraged girl, barely more than a child, hurls a stone at the hated invaders... and effortlessly penetrates their magical shield.

What the Magicians' Guild has long dreaded has finally come to pass. There is someone outside their ranks who possesses a raw power beyond imagining, an untrained mage who must be found and schooled before she destroys herself and her city with a force she cannot yet control.

My thoughts:
 I am not gonna say much, I have a fever (at the time when I wrote this, not now)  and I still want to finish this review.

It was a nice fantasy tale about a young girl on the run as she is discovered to be a magician. She is scared they will kill her. We do get to see the conflicts in society that way. Not all is well, actually some have it really crappy.

So we have a story about running for your life. I liked the main characters and after I finished I did want more. It seemed like a nice world and I wonder how it will turn out for Sonea.

cover
eh

The Black magican trilogy #1
Paperback, 467 pages
Published January 31st 2004 by Orbit (first published October 24th 2001)
Source: own

------------------------------

You notice anything different? Take a look around, yes new blog look :D I have wanted a change for a while now but honestly I suuuuuuck at this kind of stuff, so I reached out to the angel who helped me in the beginning and several times afterwards and she listened to my ideas that were all over the place. So thank you Blog angel :)

lol


46 comments:

  1. I love your new blog look! The colors are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better now. The new look is great, very springlike too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better yes :)
      Thanks, and i had not thought about that

      Delete
  3. I love your new look! This sounds like a lot of running..LOL Feel better cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog looks great! I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. I need a blog angel lol

    I love that cover and I've read a few good reviews for the series. I don't usually love fantasy but I am interested in this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But your blog is lovely as it is :D

      It's very light and easy, and I guess I needed that..considering I had a fever and all when reading it ;)

      Delete
  6. Such dedication to write reviews while you have a fever. I did notice your new look and I complimented you on your header. It is definitely nice and clean now and everything is easy to find. I am very obsessed with keeping my blog neat and organized as well. I finally got my blog roll updated and you are on it, but I may need to change your button if you changed it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know how to stop. Luckily I did post reviews already written when really sick and here I was somewhat better. i am just crazy.

      My post was already up yesterday when it was not entirely finished so had my mini celebration today :)

      The button stayed the same. I just thought so everyone do not have to change it.

      And I do like things uncluttered too, so much better

      Delete
  7. I do love the new blog look, I need to spruce up my own blog, but am too lazy :P
    Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new look!! and the yellow thank you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg....I HATE the cover soooo boring.

    BUUUT I ADORE THIS NEW LOOK! So fresh for spring. So bright. So lovely. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY, I am glad you like it :D

      Yeah..boring

      Delete
  10. I really love your new blog look, it's beautiful! It was a nice idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the new look, too, and I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. whoa!! i'm gone from the blogosphere for awhile and everything looks different around here!! Great new layout!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blog looks nice and clean..love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the way the blog looks now!

    I'm going to have to keep this series on my radar. For some reason I'm leery of reading new fantasy series, don't know why. I may have to get over it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      You are? Just re-reading then? ;) But then that is fun too, and I just wanted to try them all

      Delete
  15. Glad you enjoyed the mc and are feeling better. I like the new look. Very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been wanting to read this book, it sound like something I may enjoy.
    The new look is simple and easy on the eyes, nice job goes to your "blog angel"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All thanks to her :) That is sure what I wanted

      Delete
  17. Very nice! The blog. :D And I have this one on my want list. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D I am happy.

      You know I love my fantasy

      Delete
  18. The new look is really pretty B! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have this series (unread oops) but they have different, way prettier covers.
    Nice new blog look, is that from the lovely Lea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, it's all Lea :D

      Yes mine are just so dull! But then I take what I get, and this is the cover I got

      Delete
  20. Ooh LOVE the new look! Very nice. :-)

    This book sounds thrilling, I love a story when the characters are on the run for their lives. It's always so exciting. Glad you enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D

      They sure run, and get shot on ;) And see, oh I am not gonna say more

      Delete
  21. Yaaaaay, I liked this book as well(I'm so happy when we can agree on something ;)). This trilogy just got better and better by the book in my opinion. I struggled a bit with the beginning of this one but after that it was all a pretty smooth ride.

    Love the new look by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does not happen a lot :)

      I will hopefully read it soon as I have it

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP