Monday 29 April 2013

Review: Red-headed stepchild - Jaye Wells


In a world where being of mixed-blood is a major liability, Sabina Kane has the only profession fit for an outcast: assassin. But, her latest mission threatens the fragile peace between the vampire and mage races and Sabina must scramble to figure out which side she's on. She's never brought her work home with her---until now. 

This time, it's personal.

My thoughts:
Oh no, I fell for another series. Great now I gotta catch up on my 100th series ;) Lol, no, it's all good, I do love finding a new UF series and especially one already out cos now I do not have to wait ages for more. There are already more out.

Sabina was a kick-ass assassin, a halfblood vampire, second class citizen, even though her grandma is a hotshot. But then her gran was an ass. And the whole concept builds learning who to trust. And that is not easy.

In comes a cool side-kick, thumbs up for him. A stalking mage that sounded cute, a dark cult leader who makes, oh I am not gonna say. And a conspiracy to bring everything down.

It was a nice world too with vamps, demons, mages and fairies. And I so need to know more about Sabina, because things are hidden in the shadows and I am curious.

Conclusion:
A nice start to this UF series.

Cover
Ok

Sabina Kane #1
urban fantasy
Paperback, 325 pages
Published April 1st 2009 by Orbit
own

PS: I got the keys to our new home today :D


41 comments:

  1. I have this one on my tbr and really should feature it for my throwback thursday! Yep, I need to read this one. You have made me push it up the tbr!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, yay :D I do think that you will enjoy it too!

      Delete
  2. I've seen this one on the library shelf. I'll have to pick it up next time.
    Congrats on getting the keys. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Glad you like this series - it has its ups and down but is great fun and only 5 books long so you don't have to wait too long for a resolution! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Ups and downs sound bad, they make me give up

      Delete
  4. You are completely without willpower when faced with a series, aren't you?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. Congrats about the keys! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun series! I always like kick ass heroines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a series I have yet to start myself. It's been on my to-do list though...and ohhh how I know what you mean about being on your 100th series. They are my weakness too B.

    I don't think I've even completed one yet...*thinking..thinking...* yeah, nope I haven't. I'm terrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I have completed some, some I have given up on, forgotten and the list continues

      Delete
  8. Oh I enjoyed this series very much! Sabina is one you like or you don't with her harsh ways. Me, I loved her! LOL

    Glad you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, i am glad I finally read it and that I ended up enjoying it

      Delete
  9. The first one?? Yay! Maybe I can get in on the ground floor. Sounds pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to give this one a try. Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Also, congrats on the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did not like this one very much when I read it years ago, I thought Sabina spineless and just someone to be ordered around. Perhaps I need to read it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you just do not click, dunno if it would change with a re.read

      Delete
  12. It was a nice start to the series. I really liked the side characters in this one (good and bad) :)

    Congrats on the casa!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this series, it was nice, and I was sad to see the end but well it's good like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Evil series! Sneaking up on you like that :D But this sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes sneaking up and making me want more

      Delete
  15. Two things:
    1) Congrats on the keys and the house
    2)...Red heads have no soul.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have to watch out for those series...they grab you and don't let go! :)

    Nice review, to the point and enough given to make me want to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are evil ;) I just want it all now...at once

      Delete
  17. You seriously have a series addiction. I can't keep up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes...kick-ass characters in UF are my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love kick ass heroines, and this mage guy sounds pretty amazing too. You can never have too many UF series, right? :-) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kick ass heroines ROCK ... I want to read this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've wanted to read this one for a while. Thanks for the review, Blodeuedd. I'll move it up on the to-get list! ;)

    Congrats on the new house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)

      And yes do read it! I just want book 2

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP