Thursday 18 April 2013

Review: Shadow Walker - Allyson James


Racing her motorcycle down a lonely winter highway, Stormwalker Janet Begay feels the ground collapse beneath her feet. After tumbling two hundred feet into an underground cavern, she manages to escape with help from her sexy dragon-shifter boyfriend, Mick—but not before they disturb some dark forces.

As Janet contends with a hotel inspector intent on putting her out of business, as well as her grandmother, who's taken up residence, Mick's behavior becomes strange and erratic, until he is a clear danger to Janet and her friends. Janet's drag-queen, attitude-ridden magic mirror insists that Mick has been touched by shadows, and the Stormwalker realizes that someone is out to enslave her dragon. Now she must free Mick before he kills her.

My thoughts;
Sometimes I hate a series..why? Well cos I do not have the next book read when I finish! Haha, yes the book ended and I cursed myself for not having the next one. Not that it ended in a cliffie, but cos I just wanted more.

Janet is cool as always. Here she tries to deal with her dragon boyfriend Mick who acts all weird. The hotel is not doing so well and there is always something going on. It's a thrilling ride and a race against the clock. I even liked Nash, I know! He has been such an ass, he still is in the beginning, but he is slowly getting that Janet is good..and weird. I just hated him hounding her all the time.

Everyone else in the cast is good as always and now we see more of her grandmother, who is a very cool old lady.

I never know where to place this series. UF no, Pnr, no, a mix, yes so UFR it is. Cos I do not want to put it in just one genre. Sure there is smexing, but a gal needs smexing too while kicking some series ass.

Conclusion:
I like this series.

Cover
Cool

Stormwalker #3
UFR
Mass Market Paperback, 282 pages
Published June 7th 2011 by Berkley Sensation
Own

30 comments:

  1. Llyson James/Jennifer Ashley is my #1 favorite author! Anythingshe writes is guarenteed AWESOME. If you took all my other favorate authors away and left me only hers I would still be OK. This series i awesome and impossible to stick in only one category!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :D
      Sadly I have only read this series, but I do got one of her Ashley books. I just have to read it too

      Delete
  2. The cover alone is kick ass! I remember seeing this series are there more?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the first one on my tbr. Still need to get to it. A lot of these are a mix of UF/PNR... but it sounds more UF to me. That's a good thing. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. read it read it! Yes more UF since I am not really a pnr girl in the end

      Delete
  4. Oh nice! I haven't tried this series yet but I want to! And now even more lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover makes her out to be a real kickass character!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I always end up loving the greandmother characters especially if they are cool and snarky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He gran was the best! Could totally hold her own too

      Delete
  7. Yeah, glad you love this series as much as I do! And I agree about Nash, he is warming. Just wait till you read the next one ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhh, do not tempt me too much now...well actually I am reading it this coming week!

      Delete
  8. You are absolutely right that a gal need smexing while kicking some bad ass ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha UFR! I like it:) I've heard great things about this series, and the fact that Mick is a dragon is a huge plus. I love dragons:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;)
      I do like dragons too. They are just so mighty

      Delete
  10. Love this cover, and I know what you mean about hating series because of not having the next one. Worse feeling of wanting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always kick myself afterwards, but then some books do suck and then I do not want the next. So chance it or not?

      Delete
  11. I can't tell you how long I have wanted to read this series, I just never seem to get around to finding the all. And now I definitely want to make sure I have them all before starting :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. :sigh: Another series to add to my list. I love this cover.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I admit I avoided this series because I have this weird association with Black Swan series by Mead. Maybe I'll try it sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh..well I have not read those books, and do not wanna as Mead's YA books are so YA

      Delete
  14. Oh you know, I've forgotten about these books. I do want this series one day. Glad you enjoyed it, and for reminding me of it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP