Friday 5 April 2013

Review: The Summer He Came Home - Juliana Stone


Sometimes the best place to find love is right back where you started…

Falling asleep in a different bed every night has made it easy for Cain Black to forget his past. It’s been ten years since he packed his guitar and left Crystal Lake to chase his dreams. Now tragedy has forced him home again. And though Cain relishes the freedom of the road, one stolen moment with Maggie O’Rourke makes him wonder if he’s missing out on something bigger than fame.

For Maggie—single mother and newly settled in Crystal Lake—love is a luxury she just can’t afford. Sure, she appreciates the tall, dark and handsome looks of prodigal son Cain Black. But how long can she expect the notorious hellion to stay?

The last thing either of them wants is something complicated. But sometimes love has its own plans.

My thoughts:
Sexy bad boy rocker meets hardworking single mum. What is there not to like?

Cain was not the bad boy everything thinks he is, ok somewhat, but mostly he is kind, loves his friends and is also a hurt cos of what his ex did. I had to like him at once.

Then there is Maggie, she works as a cleaning lady, she loves her son and she certainly knows not to fall for Cain. She is also a bit of a mystery which brought some tension into the drama.

I love a book where the man does the chasing. Cain falls for her, he wants her. But then he is a rocker with a bad rep. Of course anyone would be careful, even if I some times just wanted to shout let go to her, cos come on, he is a hottie ;)

Conclusion:
A romantic drama that brings in suspense too at the ending. But mostly it's about life, love and friendship. A sweet story with heart.

Series: Bad boys of Crystal Lake #1
Genre: Contemporary romance
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published April 2nd 2013 by Sourcebooks
Source: For review

46 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good romance, and I think I could fall for Cain. I do worry about romances where kids figure prominently - I don't know I just don't like kids in my fiction in general.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that feeling, but here it works well as the kid tells Cain about something important

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sexy bad boy rocker meets hardworking single mum.

    And he beats shit out of her. And he makes her drink heavily. And he makes her wash his dirty socks. And he drives her mad. NO? So not for me, sorry...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ana, sit down and here drink some wine :) lalala, oh screw it, haha, you are too funny

      Delete
  4. what a nice mix! I agree it's nice to have a change like that for once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a romance I might enjoy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the new header. A sexy rocker falling for a cleaning lady, now that sounds fun. I like too that it focuses on friendship!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi :D I wanted something new and know the kindest blogger who helped me pull it off

      Delete
  7. I really enjoyed this book. Such a sweet story :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally, and I want more of these bad boys

      Delete
  8. A hottie and a sweet story? Oh yea, you know I like that.

    Something is different here? Like the header... the colors as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes all new :D I wanted a change and to be less historical romance like, but ya know, still b me :)

      Delete
  9. And the cover even has most of a head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I think I grew so tired of complaining about cut heads that I never remember to post cover thoughts these days

      Delete
  10. I love sexy rocker bad boys (who are secretly pretty good). This sounds amazing! Great review :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They always seem to be :) And good for us cos I do not want them to be utterly rotten

      Delete
  11. This sounds sweet, and I love a smexy bad boy who has really just been hurt. Wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a nice romance and I love the new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Because the cover has has the setting sun and the woods in the back, I was just thinking wouldn't it be great too if Cain was also a werewolf LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well that would have worked great!

      Delete
  14. First, just wanted to say I love your new header & blog look!!! Secondly, I normally hate single mom tropes, but the cover makes me want to give this oen a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D

      I do get that, as they are alwys so protective and never thing about themselves, even though the kid loved Cain

      Delete
  15. Aww! Sounds like a good story. I liked her Jaguar shifter books, so I should give her contemporaries a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never read those, but if you did then I am sure you would enjoy this one too

      Delete
  16. This is definitely a book for me. I love that he has a bad reputation but he's chasing her. And that she needs to be a responsible mom! I'm getting it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Complications do tend to arise when it comes to love. :) Sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  18. did she have some paranormal romances out, too?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love sweet stories and this one sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  20. hottie bad boy ... I like :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This sounds good B, thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP