Monday 6 May 2013

ARC Review: Alien in the House - Gini Koch


Jeff and Kitty Katt-Martini have learned the ins and outs of Washington politics, not to mention how to prevail in intergalactic war and foil dangerous plots. But, in the aftermath of Operation Destruction, the Gower girls’ powers are burned out, the entire A-C population has been “outed” as the aliens living on Earth that they are, and, worst of all, ACE is nowhere to be found.

Then murder and mayhem are served up at an important dinner party at the American Centaurion Embassy, and when the dust settles Alpha Team and the Diplomatic Corps have more problems than just a dead Congressman. Is there a single criminal mastermind—or multiple enemies—behind all the conspiracies that want Kitty dead and the A-Cs gone or co-opted to become the War Division?

My thoughts:
How does she do it? The craziness that must be Koch's brain, I just never know with this series. Who is the bad guy? How will it end, how will anything happen? But then that is why it's a fun ride.

So what did happen? Well Kitty is trying to find out why people are dying left and right. With her she has poofs, birds and the usual gang, and of course she makes new friends.

There is drama, shootings, death, smexy times, politics, wedding plans and a birthday party for Jamie to plan. Just another normal day in the life of Kitty Katt.

So this review was much better before I accidentally deleted it. Now I do not know what to say. Koch is just insane, all the plot threads here and there. I always wonder how she keeps track of things so that we in the end can find a murderer.

Conclusion:
Another fun adventure, and as always crazy in the best way.

Cover:
I like and dislike it. I like it cos it's cool, I dislike it cos you can't see the tiny pics if you just browse by.

Katherine "Kitty" Katt # 7
Sci-fi
Paperback, first, 544 pages
Expected publication: May 7th 2013 by DAW
For review


36 comments:

  1. I've fallen behind in this series, I need to get caught up! I've only read book one, but I loved it. I can't wait to read the rest:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only book1? Then you got some catching up to do :)

      Delete
  2. These are your fun time, aren't they? :) I love that it ti s still going strong :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uggggh, I hate when I write something good and it disappears into cyberspace. It really throws a person off. Anyhow this sounds like its a fun series and the cover is definitely different. Not sure if I like it or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had it all finished, then I meant to copy and poof, and I went all NOOOOOOOO

      Delete
  4. Crazy is good when done right! The adventures sound great, and sounds like there is plenty of them

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a snort out loud read. I have not heard of this series so I am off to Google it. THe cover is pretty unique. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate it when reviews get deleted it!! I agree with you on the cover!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got so angry, first I have bad internet and then I make the biggest mistake. My own fault for not writing the review in a doc

      Delete
  7. Ha. I like that dress she is wearing. I don't think it would be very comfortable running around in, but hey...I like it. Great review even though it was short!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I did not feel very inspired after I deleted the first one by mistake ;/

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a funky series, I like the sound of this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never tried this series or this author before. I need to check this one out. And yes, I like the cover too, but there's a lot going on! Great review, sorry you lost your first draft (ugh, I hate when I lose a review after nearly finishing it—that's the worst!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And always when I think oh great review B and then BAM. NOOOOOO!

      You must try this series, it is just hilarious

      Delete
  10. This sounds like a hoot, and is new to me, must go check out book one..i like author's with crazy minds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you imagine what a dinner conversation with her would be like?

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Koch is insane" is enough of a reason to get me to read this series! :D I still need to start, but all of it is on my must have list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well she is. Honestly I have no idea how she does it

      Delete
  13. I like the sounds of this one and I think the cover is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cover has a lot going on :) Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Still a great review, you nailed it :) fun crazy Gini did it again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Not my best work, but I am glad it was still good

      Delete
  16. cover looks kinda old. Not for me I don't think.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You just never know with Gini do you. That is part of why I love her! Almost like she is writing and says, what the hell...and throws you for a corkscrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha exactly! And that is why I never know what will happen and that is so cool

      Delete
  18. I'm three books behind in this series. I need to find the time to read them.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP