Thursday 16 May 2013

Review: If he's tempted - Hannah Howell


Lady Olympia Wherlocke has the gift of foresight. When Lady Agatha Mallam asks Olympia to locate her brother so he can rescue her from an arranged marriage, she knows exactly where to find Lord Brant Mallam, Earl of Fieldgate. What happens next is something she never envisioned… 

Since his betrothed died, Lord Brant Mallam has drowned his sorrow with wine and women. His dissolute ways have only emboldened his calculating mother. But with the help of the enchanting Olympia, he concocts a daring plan to end his mother’s devious designs for his sister. While each step in their bold scheme works to perfection, the sins of the past could unravel a growing desire that neither Olympia or Brant can control…

My thoughts:
It was book 5, but it went well just jumping right in. I soon had the hang on things. And as it was HPNR the books all have different couples.

This book is about Lady Olympia. She was so kind, all big heart. Smart and just the kind pf person that would be a perfect friend. She also knew what she wanted and never gave up. She does have some secrets that we later learn.

The hero is a rake with a truly bad rep, but then he also have the mother from hell who does everything to destroy his rep even more. Oh she was beyond evil. But Brant is not as bad as he seems and together they make quite the team as they try to save his sister and more. Sparks fly.

Danger and passion is what makes this book. Because it gets dangerous, and they get close. But there is also more, her warm heart and her big family. Yes we meet a lot of them, some that has had their story told and some whose story is yet untold. What a family they are, and it made me curious.

Conclusion:
It was a good historical paranormal romance, and I liked the dangerous aspects, it gave the story something more.

Cover
I am tempted

Wherlocke #5
Historical paranormal romance
Paperback, 352 pages
Published April 2nd 2013 by Zebra


38 comments:

  1. Hey props to you for jumping in on book five are you taking after Melissa? I haven't read a historical paranormal in a long time and this does sound tempting. Yes indeed the cover is pretty darn hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Schhh do not tell her!

      And when you look close his eyes are sooooo pretty

      Delete
  2. I love the cover! I didn't know this one, I think I'll have to look at book 1!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it didn't disappoint! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been curious about this one and you have just sold me. I may start with book 1 just to really freak you out and then I can tease you about it relentlessly. ;) Seriously tho... adding these to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh this looks awesome! i love historical paranormals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hannah ALWAYS comes through -- she's one of my top 5 authors and this series has replaced my favorite over her Murray clan (hard to do, lol). I loved this book and adore the series. READ THIS SERIES!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <I truly must go back and see, cos the hints I got of past events sounded thrilling

      Delete
  7. Um YES that cover is quite tempting. Gorgeous eyes! It's great that you were able to jump right into book 5. I wish I could do that more often cause it takes so long to catch up when a series has been going for ages! Great review :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His eyes would tempt me any day *stares longingly*

      I do not like to jump in, but sometimes I just can't stop myself. And I only do it with PNR cos it only works here

      Delete
  8. OooooOOOOooooo. Can't resist a rogue with a cravat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Historical AND paranormal? Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice cover! The book sounds good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well the cover spoke to me at once, and I do love books that deal with one couple, and if you weren't lost then yippie, i might grab it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean yes in the first few pages, but then I read the blurb ;)

      Delete
  12. A hero with a rake? i suppose I can be down with that as long as he uses it for good and not evil, lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh I love historical paranormal <3 they can be so much fun. Glad you enjoyed this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are sweet, passionate and give me paranormal beings, yay

      Delete
  14. Hmmm, jumping in at book 5 huh? Well, glad it worked out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds like a nice one. But that covermodel could have been a vampire too ...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Historical and pnr sometimes work for me too but it must be good. I am on the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mesmerized. Can't stop staring at his eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those eyes are really drawing me in but I think I'd have to start at the beginning ... so anal I know lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beginning is always best in the end

      Delete
  19. I love freaky vampire stuff!!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP