Tuesday 14 May 2013

Review: Thinking of you - Jill Mansell


When Ginny Holland's daughter heads off to university, Ginny is left with a severe case of empty nest syndrome. To make matters worse, the first gorgeous man she's laid eyes on in years has just accused her of shoplifting. So, in need of a bit of company, Ginny decides to advertise for a lodger, but what she gets is lovelorn Laurel. With Laurel comes her dangerously charming brother, Perry and the offer of a great new job, and things begin looking up...until Ginny realizes that her potential boss is all too familiar. Is it too late for Ginny to set things right after an anything but desirable first impression?

My thoughts:
Mansell brings us many HEAs and personal growth.

First we have Ginny, divorced, working here and there and about to be home alone as her daughter Jem is leaving for uni. She is not happy and there will be a few mistakes on the way. But as this is a Mansell book there will also be happiness and hers will be in the form of love.

Jem, her 18 year old daughter will also find herself during this year and make her own mistakes. But some mistakes have to be made.

Then we also have Ginny's best friend Clara, and Laurel who I will not say more about now. Clara is forward, and Laurel is sad. Ginny's ex husband also makes an appearance, yes they were clearly not suited together and there is a man hiding in the shadows for Ginny. I was happy about that.

Conclusion:
There is romance, friendship, personal growth and the search for happiness. It's a feelgood book, but then it's a Mansell book and I would have been surprised if it had not ended with a smile on my face.

Cover
Eh

Women's fiction
Paperback, 424 pages
Published May 7th 2013 by Sourcebooks Landmark (first published January 1st 2007)
For review

40 comments:

  1. I do love her books, but you are right about the cover-not one of her best. Adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her covers are for the most very boring

      Delete
  2. I am down with character growth and HEA, they make my day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her covers are never good but the stories are ;) I agree she has a personal growth theme in most of them that I adore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, her covers are for the most meh. But I do like her stories

      Delete
  4. I actually love this cover -- the peacock theme is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice, don't know if for me but nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy a good chick lit read now and then and this sounds like fun but the cover is definitely just eh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have one of her books on the tbr (I forget which one) and I really need to get to it. HEAs and growth... need it for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will enjoy whichever book you got

      Delete
  8. I am a fan of Mansell's even though the last one I read wasn't great. This sounds cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh :/ Well it happens, one can't love them all

      Delete
  9. Ooh no to the cover for sure. But yes to the feel good story! I am desperately in need of one of those because I just read too major downers in a row. I need guaranteed smiles. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. I can't handle those. I get way too sad :/

      Delete
  10. I haven't read any of her books but I should!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a few of her books on my Kindle but haven't read them yet. They really sound like good books.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is it Friday yet?!?!?!?! *whimpering*

    ReplyDelete
  13. i haven't read anything by her, this sounds cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Certainly a feel good book! I love her stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Her books are always so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awwwwe perhaps they could make a movie of this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice review, glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. love Jill's books, nice feel-good reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, she does write feel good books. Glad you enjoyed this one, too. Finn...mmm :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP