Tuesday 4 June 2013

Early Review: Gwynneth Ever After - Linda Poitevin

Gwyn Jacobs doesn’t believe in fairy tales. Ever since her ex-husband walked out, leaving her alone with three small children, Gwyn has been mother, father, and bread-winner all rolled into one. Her own scarred heart aside, she refuses to open up her children’s lives to the possibility of another heartbreak, and so she has an unbending policy of no dating and no unattached men in their lives.

Until her very own fairy tale falls into her lap...and the hero won’t take no for an answer.

My thoughts:
This was a sweet story.  Sure It had its share of drama and heartache, but also hope and love.

Gwyn has 3 kids and does not want to let a man come close. Totally understandable cos her ex was an ass. She is hardworking and loves her kids. They are a perfect family (which means normal, messy and real.) Then she meets a guy, who is a famous actor, so not really the man of her dreams. But Gareth has his own soul searching going on. I did like the way they fell for each other. It felt real. She was not like the airheads he was used to meeting, and with the whole drama he had going on I am sure it helped to fall for her.

But yes I have mentioned drama. He is a famous actor, she is a nobody with 3 kids. He lives far far way, her whole life is in Canada. She can't just let anyone come in to their life when she has kids, she had to think about them too. And he has a secret. But the title has ever after in it, it's not a spoiler that things will work out and the ending was cute. Very movie like.

Conclusion:
A sweet (I said it again! lol) story that I read fast. Love is always wonderful. And I liked how homey it felt.

Cover
Cute

June 11th 2013
Contemporary romance
For review
220ish pages (ebook)

30 comments:

  1. You know me. This is definitely something I'd enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, well i love sweet stories! hopefully it is not too sad with all the stuff going on at the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know she had another series, but I already need to read her other one as I have it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was something previously posted in 2010 I think

      Delete
  4. This sounds like the perfect beach read, someone grab me a towel while I make a Margarita to-go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm an ending girl and this sounds like a "cute" ;) summer read! So need to read it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi yes cute ;) I wanna go to the beach now

      Delete
  6. This has me written all over it. A contemporary romance + women's fiction combo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a sweet story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwww I really like the sound of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kids are sweet, especially if you add some sugar and whipped cream. ;p Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love books like this and haven't read a good one in a long time. I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely blog! Please follow mine, it's new: readandlovebooks.blogspot.com
    Thanks♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm good with drama as long as there is a happy ending waiting for me by the time I reach the last page! Sounds like a fabulous read:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can take drama too, just as long there is not too much or too much angst. Here it was all in small good doses

      Delete
  13. I adore the cover and the title. Very cute. So much cuteness going on I may go blind!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP