Wednesday 12 June 2013

Review: Billion dollar cowboy - Carolyn Brown

A Billionaire Can Buy Anything...
Colton Nelson was twenty-eight years old when he won the Texas Lottery and went from ranch hand to ranch owner overnight. Now he's desperate to keep the gold diggers away. It shouldn't be too hard to find a pretty girl and hire her to pretend to be his one-and-only.

Or Can He?
Laura Baker's got mixed feelings about this--she's on the ranch to work, not to be arm candy. On the other hand, being stuck for a while in the boondocks with a gorgeous cowboy isn't half-bad.

What neither Colton nor Laura expects are the intensely hard lessons they have to learn about the real cost of love...

My thoughts:
You know you will get some sweet romancing when it comes to a Carolyn Brown book, and add sexy cowboys to that too.

In this new series we meet billionaire Colton who is running from the crazy women that want his money. Colton is nice, hardworking, loves his farm, and yes he is also sexy and has lots of money.

Then there is Laura, who has issues from her past and a sister in trouble. Laura is the nerdy girl with glasses. The girl with commitments problems. The sweet girl who loves gardening and has no problems with farm life. So they are perfect for each other, but they just had to get past a few speed bumps first.

The whole premise is nice. She is his fake girlfriend and of course that means they get close. It's a fake romance that blossoms. All while we have a nice atmosphere and get to meet everyone on the farm. It's a close family, a nice family. I enjoyed meeting them all, and seeing Colton and Laura falling in love.

Conclusion:
Cowboys! Romance! You know it :)

Cowboys & Brides #1
Contemorary romance /western romance
Paperback, 352 pages
Published June 4th 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
For review

32 comments:

  1. I never get tired of the fake romance trope, I don't know why. It just works for me every time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :) I love it too, cos you know they are gonna fall for real and then they have that whole it was fake first to get over

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed the book I read by Carolyn earlier this year. I need to check out one of her cowboy books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh right the...jalapeno book :) her cowboy books does have the same nice feel, just with cowboys

      Delete
  3. I bet you like the cover. You can see his face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to comment, dang it! But yes I like his sexy face

      Delete
  4. *drools*
    I wouldn't mind being his arm-eye-candy. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And he got money to buy me books, dream come true

      Delete
  5. oh another cowboy book! I need to try one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hm... I'm so curious. I still haven't gotten into the cowboy romances but I know you will push me there one day. I'm weakening... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok a few more and you will be there...just a few more read by me. So one day

      Delete
  7. This sounds great! I wanna read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The premise and romancing sounds great

    ReplyDelete
  9. O yes, I do want to read this one! Great review B :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cowboys aren't really my thing but I guess I shouldn't say no until I've tried lol

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP