Monday 3 June 2013

Review: Fire & Frost - Anthology

Speed Mating by Jessica Sims – Estrella may be going into heat, but she’s determined to remain in control. Just because she’s ovulating doesn’t mean she has to settle for just any man (or his beast). Her sexy alpha’s determined to find her a tiger to take care of her heat and father her child…but no one seems to look quite as good as the man in charge. Will giving in to her need for her alpha ruin her tenuous relationship with her clan or be a match made in heaven?

Conjuring Max by Carolyn Crane – The witches of the world ridiculed and rejected nerdy Veronica for trying to use newfangled computers to enhance old world spellcasting. Well, it’s 1984 now, and she’s perfected her spellcasting computer program. Hey, who needs friends when you can conjure virtually anything…or anybody? So when Veronica makes powerful new enemies, she conjures Max, a pitbull of a cop, to deal with the pesky hitmen who keep coming around. Maybe Veronica can finally get some peace and quiet so she can work on her computer. 

Wrecked by Meljean Brook – Elizabeth has spent the past five years running from her father; her father’s huntsman, Caius, has spent the past five years pursuing her. But when he finally catches up to her on an airship flying above Europe’s zombie-infested cities, Elizabeth discovers that Caius isn’t the only danger she has to fear—and now that he’s found her, Caius doesn’t intend to let her go…

My thoughts:
First up was the novella that turned out to be my fav. Speed Mating by Jessica Sims (but then I do love Jill Myles' work :)
The story was sexy, fun and worked so well just as a novella. But I of course want more by Jessica Sims now.

Conjuring Max was the story I did not really care for. It had it's moments, but it felt like it would have worked better as a book. I felt a bit confused at times.

The last story was a story of the Iron Seas, I miss that series now, even if nothing compared to book 1. Even if this novella was good, I also felt here that it would have worked better as a book. But then I am not a fan of novellas in the end.

What did I learn? I need to read Jessica Sims and I miss the Iron seas series. I mean stuff is happening, more please.

Paranormal romance
Published May 25th 2013
series: Iron Seas #3.4, Code of Shadows 0.5
Own

26 comments:

  1. Surprisingly anthologies are really starting to grow on me when they feature stories/characters from already established series. I so enjoy all three of these authors, so I think I'm going to have to pick this one up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them sometimes and then not. Maybe cos I am mostly so annoyed at prequel novellas. I do not want to find out that I new a novella when I am reading the book already

      Delete
  2. Sexy and fun has its place and sounds like this book is one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't read a lot of anthologies but it is a good way to find a new author you may like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But sometimes I not like the novella and does not read more :/ Cos once I did read more 2 years later and it was so good. So novellas, eh

      Delete
  4. Hot cover! I used to dislike anthologies and novellas but I've been enjoying them more lately. I especially love finding new-to-me authors or new-to-me series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh great, 3 wonderful authors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Speed Mating gotta love that title. I know what you mean, novellas never leave me satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you aren't a fan of novellas so YaY you for reviewing a anthology! This sounds like one I would enjoy and I still need to read the Iron Seas books!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can do it! Sometimes :D And this was one I really wanted

      Delete
  8. Conjuring Max was set in the 80s? That's kinda cool. It's been forever since I've read an anthology.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh the first story sounds like a lot of fun. I never get sick of crushing on werewolf alphas. The witchy computer program story sounds like a cool premise, but you're right, I could see that needing to be a book and being to unwieldy for a short story. I need to check out Jessica Sims, I've never read her. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica Sims also known as Jill Myles..and a few other names..I think. Anyway she is awesome

      Delete
  10. *waves* I need a good paranormal romance...mhmmm

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read the second story :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP