Friday 14 June 2013

Review: Hubble Bubble - Jane Lovering

Be careful what you wish for …

Holly Grey only took up witchery to keep her friend out of trouble – and now she’s knee-deep in hassle, in the form of apocalyptic weather, armed men, midwifery … and a sarcastic Welsh journalist.

Kai has been drawn to darkest Yorkshire by his desire to find out who he really is. What he hadn’t bargained on was getting caught up in amateur magic and dealing with a bunch of women who are trying really hard to make their dreams come true.

Together they realise that getting what you wish for is sometimes just a matter of knowing what it is you want …

My thoughts:
I liked that you could make up your own mind about what happened in this book. Did they really do magic? Or was it just by chance? I will go with magic cos magic is always cooler.

Holly was a practical woman. She takes care of her brother. She does not do long term relationships. She does not see the big problem in her own life. But I liked that about her, it brings the drama in a good way. She needs to think about what she really is doing and then she can move on.

The love interest then, oh how these two jumped around each other and never got it done right. Kai is a journalist with issues of his owns that he is trying to deal with. 2 emotionally scarred people finding their way, and each other. It was a long way there, but for these it just could not happen fast. That would have made no sense.

Yes yes the witchy stuff. They form a circle, things gets spooky, and there are creepy men in the woods. Things gets scary too. Not all is what it seems. And maybe the circle gets some happy endings of their own too ;)

Conclusion:
Magic or no magic? Drama., love and friendship is what this book brings.

Cover
Not a fav but it works for the story

Women's fiction
Paperback, 356 pages
Published June 7th 2013 by Choc Lit
For review

40 comments:

  1. Magic always comes with a price dearie....lmao

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like fun and something I would enjoy. I'd go with magic myself as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like magic, if it was real, but hey we can always dream and here I wanna think it was real

      Delete
  3. Magic is cooler and this sounds like a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it when you're not sure if the magic was real or not. Cool. Happy Weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice review, I will add this one to my wishlist. And I do like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does fit so well with the story and is a bit quirky

      Delete
  6. After reading your review I forgot the title of this book almost instantly - so no, not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds good. I enjoy books where I have to kind of make up my own mind about something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that too, I get to choose what to think

      Delete
  8. I like books about magic and I just love the cover too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I only had some real magic of my own :) You know, slow time and read more

      Delete
  9. Sounds creepy and cool and I love books about magic. Glad the romance takes its time since they're so emotionally scarred. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like it when that happens cos it feels real. Why rush into things?

      Delete
  10. This sounds like witchery (don't care if it's not a word) for beginners. I like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I like using words that are not real ;)

      Delete
  11. It sounds like something I'd enjoy, Blodeuedd. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Magic, or no magic it sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll go with magic with you. :) Sounds like a nice read.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP