Monday 17 June 2013

Review: Lady Mercy Danforthe flirts with scandal - Jayne Fresina

Lady Mercy likes her life neat and tidy. She prides herself on being practical - like her engagement to Viscount Grey, whose dark colouring co-ordinates very well with her favourite furnishings. But things start to get messy when her best friend abandons her fiance at the altar, leaving it up to Mercy to help the couple. There's just one problem. The jilted man is Rafe Hartley—Mercy's former husband.

Rafe has not forgiven Mercy for deserting him when they were seventeen. Their hasty marriage was declared void by law, but in his eyes the bossy little vixen was still his wife, even if the marriage lasted only a few hours. And Mercy "Silky Drawers" Danforthe still owes him a wedding night.

My thoughts:
Lady Mercy was the annoying brat from book 2, and Rafe still calls her that, brat. Two people that are so wrong for each other, that they just might be right for each other.

Lady Mercy loves order, and to play around with other people's lives. But she is sweet, in her own way. She just wants things to be perfect.

Rafe is all the things she is not. He can be messy, does not care what people think and does what he wants too. Kind of Lady meets the tramp (if we make the tramp a farmer.) But the attraction is there, beneath the annoyance they feel for each other.

I would not call it an easy love story. He calls her brat and all kind of things. She wants him to find happiness with someone else. They argue, then they yell, then they kiss. Love can sure be found in all places and these two will fight it to the bitter end.

conclusion:
An amusing tale that I read fast.

Cover
Cute

Sydney Dovedale #3
Historical romance
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published June 4th 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

40 comments:

  1. Sounds cute, but the title is so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww!!! This actually sounds so cute!! he's a farmer??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when romance is hard won, and it certainly sounds like this one doesn't come easily. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a cute fun romance. Oh and I could use one of those now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These two sound a delightfully frustrating couple, and I can't wait to meet them! Must add this to the list:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both so headstrong but that makes it good

      Delete
  6. This sounds like a cute romance when you are in the right mood for one-I do love a good arguing couple every now and then. I might have to give this one a try sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, it's good when they argue and just do not fall at once

      Delete
  7. I am behind on this series. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds really good. :) I need a read like this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doesn't the constant arguing annoy you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. New author to me, thanks for the review Blodeuedd, I will certainly add this one to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will let that lady flirt in peace. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the sound of the banter between them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The lady and the farmer. Love! I hope the wedding night was worth his wait. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's been a while since I've read a Regency romance..sounds cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like amusing. This sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP