Tuesday 11 June 2013

Review: The Magic of "I do" - Tammy Falkner

Claire Thorne is a faerie on a mission. When the governing body of her world puts a prohibition on magic, she escapes to the human world and straight into the arms of Lord Phineas Tremble. When he insists on being her crime-solving partner, she does everything she can to get rid of him—until she realizes his gift for smooth talking might come in handy when tracking down a killer. Before long, Finn has his hands full keeping Claire out of trouble, because the two of them together create more sparks than her faerie dust ever could...

My thoughts:
This book takes place after book 1 ended, but you do not have to read book 1 to be able to follow it. Instead you get to know one angry fairy who is "kidnapped" by a rogue, the brother of the man her sister married.

Yes so Claire is a fairy from fairyland. Her sister married a duke and got a HEA. While Claire is sent with Phineas to be out of the way. And that can mean only one thing, romance. Claire tries to stay by her fairy rules, but attraction is something you can avoid for a while, but not forever. While Phineas, oh he is a rogue. I mean one thing that happened had me looking up and saying wow almost. Cos well that is not something I would have thought would take place. What you wonder? Ha, like I would spill the beans. Just trust me, roguish behavior, in a sort of good way.

The drama takes place in that well she is duh a fairy and should not fall for a human. Then there is something else. And then at last there is a really bad guy who I want to kick. Powers conspire to keep them apart.

Conclusion:
It was cute with a few hot moments. A light book that I read fast.

Cover
Cute

Faerie #2
Historical paranormal romance
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published June 4th 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
For review

32 comments:

  1. Sometimes a light, hot, fast read is exactly what I crave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww I like cute! :) Cute is good for an afternoon read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Light with hot moments sounds great to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally about light and fun this summer. I have thoroughly been enjoying my light summer reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the best! I just wish I could sit outside and enjoy them but our terrace is not finished :/

      Delete
  5. Oh this does sound cute and I need to get on that first book! Sounds like a good book for right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a cute, sexy read! I'm glad to hear you don't have to have read book one to get into it. I hate when I'm behind on a series but book two sounds like fun. Awesome review! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did work fine...but then I have read book 1, still I felt that it could easily be done

      Delete
  7. I think I really need to try this series!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a good read. I'd like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! I'm wondering what the rogue did. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was VERY rakeish, whatever you think triple it

      Delete
  10. I like my fairies only if they are wielding a sword. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to read something like this. hahaha. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That it was. I love cute. I mention cute a lot lol

      Delete
  12. This book sounds different and perfect for a beach read.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds good, and perhaps I read book 1 over 20 years ago? How old is this series?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sometimes it's very nice to read something cute and light. It gives you a well needed break :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally, and then I went for something that had to make me think more

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP