Tuesday 25 June 2013

Review: My Life as a White Trash Zombie - Diana Rowland

Angel Crawford is a loser. Living with her alcoholic deadbeat dad in the swamps of southern Louisiana, she's a high school dropout with a pill habit and a criminal record who's been fired from more crap jobs than she can count. Now on probation for a felony, it seems that Angel will never pull herself out of the downward spiral her life has taken.

That is, until the day she wakes up in the ER after overdosing on painkillers. Angel remembers being in an horrible car crash, but she doesn't have a mark on her. To add to the weirdness, she receives an anonymous letter telling her there's a job waiting for her at the parish morgue—and that it's an offer she doesn't dare refuse.

Before she knows it she's dealing with a huge crush on a certain hunky deputy and a brand new addiction: an overpowering craving for brains. Plus, her morgue is filling up with the victims of a serial killer who decapitates his prey—just when she's hungriest!

My thoughts:
This and the trailer for an upcoming movie gave me zombie nightmares, scary ones! But luckily the book wasn't scary ;) No, it was funny and utterly weird.

Angel is a zombie, well she does not know it yet. And yes zombies eat brains, and they rot. Awww the sweet life. Angel was sure a different kind of heroine, street smart, white trash and living with her abusive alcoholic dad. Then she dies and her life turns around...sort of. It worked. I was not sure when I started how it possibly could work, but it does. There are zombies among us, and they crave that juicy grey matter.

The book is about her and her new job. And why a serial killer is hunting people in her town. Romance, well, she has a stupid one and off boyfriend whose ass should be dumped, but I am only giving you all the beginning. More came.

Conclusion:
A funny book. Still zombies are totally gross and I want more.

Cover
Dos Santos!
White trash Zombie #1
Mass Market Paperback, 310 pages
Published July 5th 2011 by DAW
Own Urban Fantasy

46 comments:

  1. I love this series! I also think it's one of the luckiest series in regards to the covers, all the covers kick ass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zombies are definitely not my thing, but I'm much better with a humorous story rather than a scary one, so I think I might be okay with this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These zombies you would totally like :)

      Delete
  3. I love Zombies and this sounds hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny and utterly weird sounds great to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds totally awesome and hilarious! I love the cover too, it's weird but really striking. Definitely going to read this, I'm all about the zombies, and if there's humor, even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally creepy too, I see the cigarette as a finger, ugh

      Delete
  6. I liked this one as well, I'll have to buy book 2!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!

    So love the cover of this book. I have it and need to start reading it. You have me wanting to dive in soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The covers for this series are so freaking amazing! I read this one and yeah...not scary at all but a little gross lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure is lucky, all the covers are so cool. All creepy too, lol

      Delete
  9. I love this series it makes me laugh. The beer can driveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what happens next :)

      Delete
  10. That cover creeps me out, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's well done but I am with you, it freaks me out! Still it's amazing

      Delete
  11. LOL! Okay, I hate zombies...working on kinda liking them. ;) But I do have this one and it sounds like a blast to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate them too, they give me nightmares ;) And still I read

      Delete
  12. That cover is so cheesy!! glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the cover is definitely an attention getter!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have this book on my TBR pile - it looks like great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Angel Crawford is a lose"

    lololololol.

    I love this series and yes, the second part is even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, something must have gotten lost when I was copy pasting ;)

      Delete
  16. YEAH YEAH YEAH!

    One of my favorite series :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahahaha this sounds like a hoot! XD

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nope - no zombies for me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really hate zombies, so no, not reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is such an awesome cover! I love zombie anything so I'll have to pick this one up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do pick it up and I hope you will enjoy it

      Delete
  21. That cover is both cheesy and disturbing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ack! The cover still freaks me out.

    ReplyDelete
  23. that cover is freaky, zombies have grown on me over the last few years but still not my fave ... scary zombies give me nightmares lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, every freaking time! I had one after starting this one but that could be cos I saw the WWZ trailer

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP