Wednesday 31 July 2013

Early review. Surrender to Sultry - Macy Beckett

Leah McMahon is back in Sultry Springs, Texas to help her dad recover from surgery. But there's a new sheriff in town and he's none other than Colton Bea, the wild-as-weeds boy who stole her heart a decade earlier. Colt's a changed man now, and the feelings between these high school sweethearts are stronger than ever. But Leah's got a secret so devastating that he may never forgive her. Can she find a way to earn absolution and build a future with the sultry man she's loved half her life?

Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages,....Expected publication: August 6th 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca......Sultry Springs #3......Contemporary romance.....From the publisher for a review

My thoughts:
First I must mention that the book was good, but there was something that made me really really mad. Leah had done something unforgivable. Of course there is a HEA, but I would not have forgiven her. Some things are not to be forgiven. Even if she thought it was for the better good. When I have that off my chest I can get on with the review.

Colt was around in the two previous books, but he is changed now. And in comes the lost love of his life. Yup he hurt her cos he was young and an ass. But he still loved her, he should have gotten a punch in the face and shaped up. Leah is mad at him still, and he wants her back. So the whole book is a dance between these two. He tries to win her affection and she starts to fall for him again. It's sweet and funny to watch.

I love small town romances. I love meeting old friends and watching these fight their way back together again. What I did not like was the THING. I hated that. It made me so mad.

Conclusion:
It was a cute book filled with passion and drama.

Oh and if you wanna know why I am mad?

SPOILER ALERT She was pregnant, ran away, did not tell him and gave the kid up for adoption. She gets to meet the kid every month. What does Colt get, nothing cos he does not KNOW. Ends

Cover
Cute :D


40 comments:

  1. I am so happy you gave us that spoiler! I was so curious when you wrote that it made you made, I had a hunch that it must have been something like that.

    The description kind of got me from the cliche "There is a new sheriff in town" :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I did like him as the sheriff ;)

      I had to give the spoiler cos else, oh I would have been SO curious if it had been me

      Delete
  2. After reading your spoiler I don't want to read this book. I hate when an author does something like that to a character and expects readers to be ok with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard to get over. I know they grew and blah blah. But it made me so mad

      Delete
  3. Great review! Wow, that is a lot of action. I'm glad you enjoyed the book overall, and you're really enjoying the series. I love the cover, it is very sweet. I totally read your spoiler, I'm too nosy! :-P I can't believe she would do something like that and not tell him at all! I would agree that, that is unforgivable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet :D I do love sweet covers like these.

      Haha, I would not have been able to stay away from that spoiler either. A spoiler just tells me READ ME NOW

      Delete
  4. Well of course I had to know what made you mad, and I have to say that would have pissed me off as well! He deserved to know for sure:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have least been angry for a few months but here it was all lalala land

      Delete
  5. I would not have forgiven her either. I find when I'm completely turned off by a characters choices I have a hard time with them for the whole book. Like you though I love small town romances and all that jazz. I'd love to live in a small town instead of my big city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love that too :D Where everyone says hello to each other and know each others business ;)

      Delete
  6. I was guessing that that's what it was.

    Some stories are hard to enjoy when you're that mad at a character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a sneaking suspicion when I started reading too

      Delete
  7. I like small town romances as well

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well it looks like both need a swift kick in the arse. I don't think this one would be for me. I would probably throw the book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I am definitely curious about the thing she did and why can't you forgive her
    Adding this to my TBR
    Your reader

    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still liked that they were happy...but I could not forget

      Delete
  10. lol I think I uderstood why you were mad

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh i had to peek and your spoiler and yeah that is unforgivable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it had not been that big...instead gone the other route

      Delete
  12. I just HAD to know her secret. That's a biggie! This book sounds good, small town, hot sheriff ...secrets...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One big big secret.

      But the rest is all good :D

      Delete
  13. That would TOTALLY piss me off---cute book or not!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ahhh I read the spoiler! Unforgivable!!!! I'd still like to read these though lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, spoilers are just begging to be read

      Delete
    2. No, I meant what she did was unforgivable, haha. But yes I couldn't help myself with reading the spoiler =D

      Delete
  15. Oh wow. Loving the title. :) Sounds good. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love small town romance too! I think I have one of these books on my Kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the spoiler, but now I need to know how old she was at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. *le gasp* I don't care how old she is...it takes two to tango so he deserves to know!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ok I told myself not to read the THING, and then my curiosity got the better of me. SO NOT OK, I agree with you. I feel so sorry for him! The book sounds great other than that. Great review! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a spoiler alert like that is just so hard to stay away from...but at least now you know

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP