Friday 12 July 2013

Review: Life After Death - Lillie J.Roberts

Chelsea Karmikel has led a pretty uneventful life…until she finds herself electrocuted. Now, she’s discovered her family’s secret heritage. She’s a seer of the dead, lending her sight to help those in need. Ghosts are her new reality.

Her mission is to encourage those who have lost their way to follow the Watchman, the crazed guide for the Inbetween…a way station where souls move from one existence to the next. But, there’s something deeper and darker than the ghosts who come to her for help. If Chelsea’s not careful, those eager to swallow her soul’s light may devour her alive… if she allows herself be drawn into the Nevernever.

When Brad Rearden, a darkly handsome, insufferable private detective and walks into her life, he touches off a wild-fire of desire that entraps them both, scorching them with need. Together, they work to solve the mystery of his Aunt Deloris’s death, because Chelsea’s next on the murderer’s list. But who will catch whom—the murderer or Chelsea?

My thoughts:
I confess that I do know the author so I wondered first and hoped it would be good ;) Well it was. Lillie Roberts has a wonderful voice, there was this warmth in the book (even when death and danger was near). There was also an easiness to the book, which was short, but good at getting it's point through.

To the book then. Chelsea, the heroine sees dead people, well not at first as it has a taken a while for her gift to emerge. And like any sane person she thinks she is loosing it. But she does her best, and she is scared. Which I also liked cos she felt very human, crying in her PJs.

Right that was Chelsea, dealing with her new life. In comes the book's love interest and there is distrust and anger at once. A little drama to overcome is always nice. And Brad is a good guy when we get to know him. Sweet and protective. So there is romance growing and plenty of passion.

What to call this book? Well there is the passion, suspense and mystery so just mix all those things. There is danger and creepy ghosts and secrets to find out.

Conclusion:
A good book that kept me hooked. All sweetness and suspense.

Cover
I like the hair

Published March 18th 2013 by Crimson Romance
Ebook, under 200 pages
Paranormal romance /suspense mystery
For review

31 comments:

  1. The romance and passion sound great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. What would I do without you? ;) I like the hair, I want that color

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the great review B, and for taking some of vacation time to read it. So glad you enjoyed it!

    Dottie / Lillie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it was short and I had the e-reader and it's you! Of course I had to read it :D

      Delete
  4. wow it sounds great I didn't know this author

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like books like this and I like the sound of the romance as well. Thanks for putting this one on my radar. Might need to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice mix, not just the paranormal stuff but the mystery part too

      Delete
  6. ok this appeals to me on so many levels and I love paranormal romantic suspense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so bad at knowing what to call books sometimes ;)

      Delete
  7. The cover is a flop... I do not like it. It doesnt' scream paranormal I see dead people it looks like a cheesy romance, good lesson to not judge a book by its cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the hair ;) But yes I like the hair and not much else. But then they do not seem to have those fab covers

      Delete
  8. I love danger and creepy ghosts, and add in some romance and I'm totally on board! Glad you enjoyed this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for plenty of passion! I can never have too much of that in my romances:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool! I love ghost stories. I also love that the hero was described as insufferable. Oh, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes it's NOT a good start. But there is a good reason for it and I liked it

      Delete
  11. nice review B, I would like to read it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY for Passion, I've bought it but now just have to make the time to read it. Dottie is a sweetheart, glad it was good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure is, I was worried, but had no reason to be :)

      Delete
  13. I really want to read this still.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds good--putting it on my wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad that you liked this one!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP