Tuesday 2 July 2013

Review: Meet met at the Cupake café - Jenny Colgan

Having grown up in an apartment above her Grandpa Joe's little bakery, Issy Randal has always known how to make something sweet. She's much better at baking than she is at filing, so when she's laid off from her desk job, Issy decides to open up her own little caf . But she soon learns that her piece-of-cake plan will take all her courage and confectionary talent to avert disaster. Funny and sharp, Meet Me at the Cupcake Cafe is about how life might not always taste like what you expect, but there's always room for dessert!

Meet Me at The Cupcake Café #1
Chic-lit
Paperback, 432 pages
Published July 2nd 2013 by Sourcebooks Landmark (first published January 1st 2011)
For review

My thoughts:
Cute and fun is the word. But then I do adore British chic-lit. It made me want to drink tea and well.. eat cupcakes. Oh the cupcakes and recipes in this book made me drool. I would love do try them but they would be nowhere near as good.

So it's about Izzy who has a boring job and secretly dates the boss (who does not treat her right.) But the book is about a cupcake cafe so we know that she at one point will move on to better things and find her true calling. And I love that she went for it and the friends and more she found along the way.

There is a bit of romance (I will not say more). New friendships, bit of drama, and yes just about finding yourself. Sometimes you just have to start over and build a new life.

Conclusion:
A sweet book that will make you want cupcakes.

Cover
Cute I guess, but now wow

53 comments:

  1. I love "start over and build a new life" stories. And cupcakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell this book is going to make me crave cupcakes. And I'm 100% okay with that:) Sounds like a really fun read, and I'm definitely in the mood for something fun, I've been reading a lot of dark lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I would have baked some if I could only get the top right. But I just never get it right

      Delete
  3. Well, this DOES look like a sweet book
    And I LOVE the cover
    And an international bestseller?
    This looks amazing
    GREAT review
    Your reader,
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh...I like the sounds of this one. I already crave cupcakes just reading your review. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm yes there needs to be more cupcakes aound

      Delete
  5. I love British chick lit too - this sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Books that make you want to eat cake are the best! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey chick lit and cupcake recipes sounds like a winner to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it looks like a nice book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this does sound cute. I enjoy British chick-lit as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds very sweet, just like cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've just finished this as well - and I was craving cakes throughout! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty sure I'll like this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. I had one 3 weeks ago, awww the memories

      Delete
  14. I love when books have recipes in them! I don't usually need help craving cupcakes, but it sounds like this book will do the job. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, me neither, I do crave them otherwise too ;)

      Delete
  15. This sounds awesome! :) :) :) CUPCAKES

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds so cute. I don't read non-genre books that often but sometimes I love something different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to mix things up once in a while ;)

      Delete
  17. This sounds cute and it sounds like you enjoyed it. I love second chance stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good :) And she deserved happiness

      Delete
  18. Cupcakes! my fave ... I wanna read this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds cute - and I might just love the idea of the Cupcake Café.

    ReplyDelete
  20. *drools* And now I am hungry for some cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This sounds like a perfect beach read.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would love to read this one :) nice review B, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love food related books and these are on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Haha, sweet British books make me want to drink tea, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, they sure always make me wanna do that

      Delete
  25. I really liked this book. I've got my review coming up this week. This book was a fave for me not to mention made me really hungry. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Made me bake cupcakes, and now I want more

      Delete
  26. I love Brit Chic-Lit too and this sounds adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I need to read this! One of the first books I read in 2013 was by Colgan :) I read 'Welcome To Rosie Hopkins' Sweetshop Of Dreams' and it was such a cosy and lovely read. Only one negative thing about the book, it made me crave for sweets ;)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP