Thursday 4 July 2013

Review: The Outcast Prince - Shona Husk

Caspian Mort can feel the history in anything he touches, a gift he inherited from his father, the Crown Prince of Annwyn. Devastated over his ex-wife's infidelity, Caspian has withdrawn from human contact except when working as an antiques dealer. 

While assessing the contents of the historic Callaway House he encounters the beautiful Lydia Callaway and senses that her home is haunted by a banished fairy. But what does the dangerous exile want? Unbeknownst to Lydia, she's the owner of the last remaining portal to Annwyn—a mirror hidden somewhere in the house. To keep Lydia safe, Caspian will have to divulge the secrets of his heritage, and risk losing his heart again.

Paperback, 320 pages, Published July 2nd 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca, Court of Annwyn #1, Paranormal romance, For review

My thoughts:
I read her Goblin series and when I saw that she was to publish a series with fairies I was intrigued. I liked what I heard about Annwyn, it was the not so kind Fae types. ..

Caspian is a changeling and has never been to his father's court. He is human, but still got those fae qualities too. I must confess that I sooo wanted his father's story while I read it, to see him fall in love. Le sigh, wonderful :) But that is a future book. Now we got Caspian and he falls for Lydia. A nice and sweet woman. They suited each other. Both with pasts and secrets.

But that was not all it was about. We need some drama and danger too and in comes the hunt for a mirror. And the court of Annwyn is in trouble and the ripples are causing bad things to happen in our world. I can't spill it all, but Annwyn was different, and I liked what she did there.

Conclusion:
Romance and a man caught between two worlds. A good start to this series.

Cover
Ok

36 comments:

  1. Only ok for the cover?! Even though it isn't a headless torso?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good start to a new series. Caspian sounds like a cool hero.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the only reason I would pick this one up is because of the cover. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good, I am just not keen on him ;)

      Delete
  4. My review post next week and like you I thought it was a great start to the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to the next about the Hunter and then the King to be, yay

      Delete
  5. Oh this sounds fun! I like books with the Fae!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are always fun and naughty and evil

      Delete
  6. I've wanted to read her goblin series and haven't gotten to it yet. Now you entice me with this one. Looks like I'll be adding another book by her to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do wonder what she will come up with next...goblins, Fae, yes what comes after that

      Delete
  7. it sounds like a nice pnr book, I didn't know this one

    ReplyDelete
  8. I met Shona at ARRC in Brisbane earlier this year. I've got a couple of her books but haven't read any as yet, oops. Glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool :D I wish I could meet nice authors too. They have to come here

      Delete
  9. Sounds good and I love the cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I dunno. I really dunno. The cover screams 'not my scene' but I like fairies...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still it is very sweet and I do know you

      Delete
  11. I like the sound of this one! And the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I saw this one I knew it was all you B :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree....the man on the cover is too pretty. However, it seems to fit the prince character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That it does, still he could look a bit more rough. haha

      Delete
  14. Ooo, I'll take the hunk on the cover. ;D LOL Sounds like a winning author. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always love getting new takes on fairies, and this one sounds like fun! But I'd say the cover is way more than OK. :-) *fans self*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well I am glad folks like him. Cos he is pretty, just too pretty for me

      Delete
  16. Nice review B, I still have this author on my wishlist, but one day ...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've thought about reading this author's work and I just might as I like faeries and goblins!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP