Monday 12 August 2013

Review: Cowboy Seeks Bride - Carolyn Brown

Rancher Dewar O'Donnell is just an old-fashioned cowboy at heart, and he can't wait to reenact the historic Chisholm Trail ride with his buddies. The trial-run cattle drive for a reality TV show sounds like a great time - until H.B. McKay pulls up in her slick red sports car.

Haley McKay is a feisty, high-powered businesswoman with the power suit and stiletto heels to prove it. She's keen to research her company's hot new idea for a reality TV show - but mount up with a bunch of modern-day cowboys? Are they kidding?

It's too late to back out now, so Haley sets out to prove that it will take more than snakes, storms, and stampedes to make her back down. Besides, sleeping under the stars with Dewar O'Donnell could prove mighty interesting...

Paperback, 384 pages: Published August 6th 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca:  Spikes & Spurs #7: Contemporary romance: From the publisher for a review
My thoughts:
I could say it time and time again. Brown writes cute, sassy and fun cowboy books. The women are sassy and the men are, well cowboys ;)

The book is part of a series but can be read as a stand alone. There is talk of Dewar's family and friends, but hey that's normal. You do not need to have read previous ones to follow along.

Dewar is a cowboy through and through. He loves his ranch, he loves the life. Haley is everything he isn't. She loves her job in Dallas and her power suits. Therein lies the drama. These two meet, become friends and then something more. But there is always that big cloud over them. He wants to live where he lives, she is going back to Dallas and her fancy office.

The atmosphere was also nice in this one as they went on a month long cattle drive, and lots happened. I will just leave it at lots so not to spoil anything.

While reading I heard about Haley's grandma and I am telling ya, I would love that story :D Hint hint to the author.

Conclusion:
Drama on the trail, romance, passion and cowboys. What more could a reader ask for?

Cover
Cute


28 comments:

  1. Well I do love me some cowboys and this sounds like a perfect afternoon escape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am back :) I have one of Carolyn's Cowboy books coming up at Christmas and I am looking forward to it. She is such a fun author! I want to try this one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that one too :D I love xmas books!

      Delete
  3. A cowboy seeks a wife...well, when I was a child I had that theory that a cowboy should naturally marry a cow...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does sound cute. However, you have me curious about grandma. I do think I'm going to have to check this author's books out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her story sounded cool, I am sure we will never get it, but I think it would be so fun if we did

      Delete
  5. Oh a nice cowboy book! I really need to go back to them, I had some nice with Nora Roberts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds cute. I have one of her Christmas ones that I hope to read this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds like a great read. I love my books in series, however I also like when you can read one that is just like a standalone and not feel lost/obligated to read the rest. :-) I'll definitely mark this one down to read, and I'll probably mark it as a standalone for now. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS, I just went to my Goodreads TBR list and I have THREE of these books, in this series marked as TBR...who wants to guess I'll eventually just read the whole series?! *Funny eye roll*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! At least they are on you mind now and then. I think this one might be the last one in the series

      Delete
  9. I love Carolyn! I really need to catch up on the series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. cowboys just don't do it for me, oh maybe I should just try lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No? I like them :D I blame a movie I watched as a kid

      Delete
  11. Great review B, someday I will read one of those books.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know, I've seen a lot of cowboy romances around, and I've never felt compelled to read one. This one, though, I think I would enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I blame Young Guns..ok so they were outlaws, but still

      Delete
  13. I do love a good romance on the trail! I think I have a weakness for cowboys, and for some reason I rarely read these sorts of books. I need to change that obviously! Great review :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Brown's books cos they are so dang sweet!

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP