Tuesday 20 August 2013

Review: Crush on You - Christie Ridgway

The Baci sisters are on a mission to save the winery that's been in their family for generations-by transforming it into the perfect wedding destination. If only Alessandra Baci-affectionately known as the "Nun of Napa"-didn't need the help of tempting neighbor and business rival Penn Bennett.

My thoughts:
I wanna make this short, I am so tired today for some reason.

Right, so I read book 2 first I think, then book 3 and at last book 1. Don't say anything ;)

I wanted to read about Alessandra since day 1. The Nun of Napa. She was sweet and kind. In a way there was not anything special about her. Except for that her husband to be died 15 min before their wedding and the whole town has tip toed around her ever since. Mourning is one thing, but being the living memory of him and no men looking at her is another thing. As I got to know her, I felt sorry for her.

Penn is a bit full of him at first, I wanted to smack him over the head (yes I do love to do that ;). Quite a few times actually. Truth be told, I never truly warmed up to him. I did not feel all gaga over him.

I did rush the end a bit as it took a 3 days to finish the book (just not enough time). I did not like it as much as the other books. And I think that if I had read this one first I would not have gone for the rest. Still it was good, just not special.

Conclusion
I liked it, but it could have been better.

Cover 
Cute

Paperback, 304 pages
Published June 1st 2010 by Berkley
Three Kisses #1
Contemporary romance
Own

24 comments:

  1. Do you think it would've been better if you read it first? I find when I go back to read books in a series I have higher expectations then I would have if I had read them in order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly do not know...and I will never know now :/

      Delete
  2. Don't you hate it when reading out of order back fires? I would hate to be that women and not have anyone look at me because my fiance croaked before the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started to feel really sorry for her the more I knew. Let the poor woman date

      Delete
  3. Great review and maybe it's good you read them backwards..get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, her husband to be died 15 minutes before the wedding? That would be traumatizing and awful and I kind of want to give her a hug! Too bad you never warmed up to the hero though, this woman clearly deserves someone special:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, poor girl :/ For that to happen *shakes head*

      The hero, I do not know, he was just such an ass cos he thought she was acting

      Delete
  5. I guess sometimes its better to read the books out of order. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard good things about Christie's books, I'll have to give one of them a try.

    I hope you get some rest dear *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was in..July? Early Aug?n I do not even know why I was tired anymore ;)

      Delete
  7. Well, at least you enjoyed it somewhat. Hm... might have to skip this one although she does sound sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might just work better as book 1...or just skip it and move on to 2

      Delete
  8. I read one of her books ages ago - it was about a knitter. And that's all I remember!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard she had a series about a knitter

      Delete
  9. Ooooh I feel ya. I was super lazy with my movie review today. >.< So tired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last weekend I was all zzzzzz all weekend long, horrible

      Delete
  10. The Nun of Napa. Ha! It's good that you read these out of order.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have to admit I'm intrigued by the synopsis and your review. I'll read it first if I decide to try the series ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sometimes it is lucky you don't read in order :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it truly works out for the best

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP