Friday 2 August 2013

Early Review: Once upon a tartan - Grace Burrowes

Hester MacDaniel is recovering from an engagement gone awry by summering at her brother's holding in the Highlands, and looking after her brother's young step-daughter, Fiona. Tiberius Flynn, heir to the English Marquis of Quinworth, appears on Hester's doorstep claiming he's Fee's paternal uncle, and he's been sent by her English relations to make the girl's acquaintance. Tye believes his brother's dying wishes compel him to take Fee south with him, but he doesn't plan on Hester capturing his heart, even as she fights him tooth and nail for custody of Fiona.

Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages, Expected publication: August 6th 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca , MacGregor Trilogy #2, Historical romance. From the publisher for an honest review

My thoughts:
I said I was sure to read it in a day and so I did. There is just something with Burrowes' romances that makes me wanna read and read and not put them down before I know what happens.

Victorian times, Scotland, and a sad heroine. Hester felt a bit different as she left London in a scandal and is now staying with the McGregors (as her brother in the previous book married a McGregor..and then more, just read it and find out ;). She is looking after young Fiona. Hester was very kind, sweet, curious and getting over what happened. She had a calm over her that I liked.

Tye, oh Tye. I know he meant well. Yes I liked him cos he was all sweet and caring. But he did not always think what was best for Fiona when he came barging in. But still he was so....so, mmm. I wanted him and Hester together, they made sense. And at the same time I knew the drama was coming and was scared. Even though we all know everything will work out in the end.

Conclusion:
Another easy and sweet romance from Burrowes. I like this one the most in the new series. In book 1 too many people fell in love ;) 

cover
I like it

29 comments:

  1. I've never read anything by her before but it looks like I should put her on my list of authors to try since you like her so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like her books cos they are so easy to read :D

      Delete
  2. it's great that you get that much into the books that you can read it in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HaHa book one had too many people falling in love... that is too funny, they are romance you know! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was crazy, they fell in love left and right

      Delete
  4. I have a couple of her books on my tbr because of you. Looks like you want to add more of them, huh? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love authors who have you consuming the book in a single day and not caring about the world around you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read her before and this sounds like a good one too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to start reading her, thanks for the review Blodeuedd!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tiberius and Hester are great names. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read anything by this author, so I'm intrigued. For some reason, I've been in a romance-y sort of mood, but I just generally wait for the next Jill Mansell. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read anything by this author but I picked up The Bridegroom Wore Plaid, with the freebie link you posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never read anything by this author, but given that this is your series favorite, it seems like a great place to start! I love sweet, easy romances every now and then. Great review! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. too much love in the first book!! LOL!! This does indeed sound sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted them all to have their own book :)

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP