Thursday 8 August 2013

Review: Pitch Perfect - Sierra Dean

Emmy Kasper knows exactly how lucky she is. In a sport with few opportunities for women at the pro level, she’s just landed her dream job as head athletic trainer for the San Francisco Felons baseball team. Screwing up is not an option.

She’s lost in thought as she pedals to the spring training facility, her mind abuzz with excitement as she rounds a corner—and plows head-on into two runners. The end of her career dances before her eyes when she realizes she’s almost run over the star pitcher.

As Tucker Lloyd watches the flustered Emmy escape with his bandana tied around her skinned knee, the view is a pleasant change from worrying about his flagging fastball. At thirty-six, the tail end of his career is glimmering on the horizon. If he can’t pull something extraordinary out of his ball cap, the new crop of rookies could make this season his last.

The last thing either of them needs is a distraction. The last thing either of them expects is love.

Warning: Contains a down-on-his-luck pitcher, a good-girl athletic therapist, chemistry that’s out of the park and sexy times that’ll make them round all the bases.

Ebook, 292: Published August 6th 2013 by Samhain Publishing: Boys of Summer #1: Contemporary romance: From the author for an honest review

My thoughts:
Baseball, it's not that I do not like the game (actually I take that back I don't). It's a game that we do not have here, no one watches it, so I am always lost. But it did not matter that I do not understand one inning of the sport. This book sailed me through it. Also, it would make the best baseball movie, I would totally watch it and hope for someone hot to play Tucker. But that is not what I meant to talk about.

This book is about baseball, well that is the background. The true story is the budding romance between Emmy and Tucker. As they work together it should not happen but the chemistry is just so right. I also like that the author made them work for it. There was friendship first, and they hid those other feelings.

Emmy is nice hardworking woman. I can't say anything bad about her, and Tucker is is the same. Together they just seem perfect. I rooted for them. I also wanted him to get his career back. Look at me, going all wohoo Baseball.

Conclusion:
It was a fun and cute contemporary romance book with lots of passion too of course. It also made me want to read more in this series, and I have my eye on someone. Oh and I still want that movie too ;)

Cover
Nice

38 comments:

  1. This sounds super sweet and fun. I don't love the cover but your review makes me want to give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not super good, but not bad either. It's at least passionate ;)

      Delete
  2. Love when a romance starts with friendship first! Give me friends or enemies to start out with and I'm happy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love that too, it is as it should be

      Delete
  3. I love Baseball. hahaha. Maybe I need a nice baseball romance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have it and I'm just late, I really need to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love baseball, so the background to the romance sounds cool..this looks cute and I am glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh have your eye on someone? *waggles eyebrows* Hm... :)

    This one does sound like fun. I like that you didn't like baseball but still ended up liking that part (or liking it more than you thought you would). Sounds like a good contemp for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I sure do ;)

      Baseball is just sooooo boring. I mean hit, run catch, run blah blah. But romance and drama with it, then YES

      Delete
  7. Great review! I've heard so much abut this book, and there have been so many reviews coming out that have all had great things to say. I've already put it on my TBR list, although I'm not sure when I'll ever be able to make it to the book. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day hopefully :) But I know the feeling. My wishlist..make that wishlists as I have several different ones are insane

      Delete
  8. I have been looking at this book for awhile. I love baseball and this looks perfect for me. I'm going to add it to my wishlist right this minute :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a baseball fan so the fact that you'd like to see a movie version of the book makes me want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I think this would make a great romantic comedy/drama :)

      Delete
  10. Baseball bores me. So. Much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a baseball fan either!!! sounds like a fun love story though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make it icehockey and I would get more, still sports are boring ;) romance is yay

      Delete
  12. Lol is it European that women don't like sports as much as those in the States? I really hate sports, but Sierra made me fall in love with the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, maybe, cos sports is boring! I can watch 10 min of the end of a hockey game but more, no!

      Then Sierra comes along and baseball sounds cool...for this book at least

      Delete
  13. Not for me, have a nice day. Yes I hate sport. Bad experiences from school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do not even speak about school. We used to play a game...kind of like baseball. I hated it, cos i could not hit the effing ball

      Delete
  14. I don't think this one is for me. I can't get past the word baseball. Baseball is big here but it's never been a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Trust me, baseball is not something I like

      Delete
  15. I loved this book, ok, I love everything that Sierra writes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I'll be definitely reading this one, Blodeuedd! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds cute, even if you don't like baseball...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know you really love this author. Glad to hear you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. We have baseball here but it's not big and I don't know anyone who watches it but yeah I could read about it especially if the guy is a hottie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, and he sure is a hottie ;) He can play whatever he wants then

      Delete
  20. Haha, I'm exactly like you. I don't care one iota about baseball unless it's in a romance featuring a baseball player, then I'm also all woohoo baseball! This sounds awesome, and if it has you craving a movie, I definitely need to make reading this a priority.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would make such a good movie! Some books are great books, but some books are great and would make good movies :D

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP