Monday 26 August 2013

Review: Sometimes a Rogue - Mary Jo Putney

Even the most proper young lady yearns for adventure. But when the very well bred Miss Sarah Clarke-Townsend impulsively takes the place of her pregnant twin, it puts her own life at risk. If the kidnappers after her sister discover they’ve abducted Sarah instead, she will surely pay with her life…

Rob Carmichael survived his disastrous family by turning his back on his heritage and becoming a formidable Bow Street Runner with a talent for rescuing damsels in distress. But Sarah is one damsel who is equal to whatever comes. Whether racing across Ireland with her roguish rescuer or throwing herself into his arms, she challenges Rob at every turn.

My thoughts:
Yes it's a series, no you do not have to read it in order. I did not even realize that I had read book 2 in this series before. I just jumped in and it was all good.

Sarah gets kidnapped and taken to Ireland. She is brave, calm and I liked her. I have not read her sister's book but I do not mind if she is not as sunny. Rob is the more damaged one with a chip on his shoulder, but he is great and kind.

The book was more or less two stories. Wild chases through Ireland and danger at every turn. And then the second part which I really can't say much about because it will spoil things. But the second part is calmer, there is romance there, old friends and things fall into place. Yes they did fall into place a bit too easily and the end was wrapped up a bit too fast.

Conclusion:
But the book was good, it was kind of different. More talking, more thinking. No ton.

Mass Market Paperback, 432 pages
Expected publication: August 27th 2013 by Zebra
Lost Lords #5
Historical romance
To review

36 comments:

  1. Ireland you say? Yes please! That's all I really need to know about this one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting! i like that there are two romances!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh did I make a mistake? I meant that the book has one romance, but it takes place in two places. Makes it kind of two stories

      Delete
  3. I am always up for a romp through Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good...it's been many years since I read this author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kind of book... don't have to read in order. :D Sounds cute enough for an enjoyable read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a nice one. Good that it can be read as a stand alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm. The cover isn't very roguish at all. I'm disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, cover thoughts...not very run across Ireland either

      Delete
  8. I've read a couple of Mary Jo's books. This one sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cover! :D But yeah...I must read more by Putney.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh Ireland and kidnapping..this sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've wanted to try one of MJ Putney's books - this sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to read this one, I've read book1 and it was about sarah's twin. A nice book too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The "wild chases through Ireland" sound good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've read two Putney books before and really enjoyed them. I'm looking forward to more of her work =) I haven't read anything recent so this will be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure if you liked previous ones then you will like this one too

      Delete
  15. Nice! One day I will read some of my MJP books.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Someone needs to take me to Ireland. Maybe a handsome rogue with a chip on his shoulder? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice review! I just finished this book. I love the series and thoroughly enjoyed this installment, but you are right, you don't absolutely need to read the other books. It is fun to follow the characters as they move from being secondary characters in one or more books to being the H&H of their own book, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to have read them first, but yes they work well on their own. And sometimes it's nice to be reassured. I know that when I have had a HR book and not book 1 and then I have been scared to read it

      Delete
  18. Ooh Ireland, I like the sound of that but the cover looks like a meringue on steroids ;)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP